Monday 4 May 2015

ANZAC DAY and our HONOUR QUILTS

We have so many places remembering ANZAC DAY and what happened 100 years ago in so many ways. I am not going to talk about all those but what I am sharing is a beautiful craft.
We at Kilmore quilters have been working on our own quilts called the HONOUR QUILT.
I have shown my progress over the past year. The tab at the top tells you about the project.
Last weekend the Kilmore RSL. Held a special concert to remember.....
Our group hung 10 quilts as a back drop. Thanks to Maree for organising this display and all the trouble you went to to research the people and blocks for this quilt.
They were made using the same patterns, it's just the fabrics that make them so different.
Well done everyone.











They are so different but all so beautiful.
They just looked so great as a display.
Hopefully at our quilt show later in the year there will be more finished and on display.

10 comments:

Christine M said...

All the quilts are beautiful, Jo.

Maria said...

What an amazing display of beautiful quilts Jo.

Linda said...

What a great show of quilts. Amazing how different each one looks, according to the fabrics and colour schemes chosen. I always enjoy seeing a set of the "same" quilt together so you can appreciate how different they can all look.

elliek said...

They all look great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo wow they all look fantastic,Thankyou for sharing xx

SuperMomNoCape said...

It never ceases to amaze me how different a quilt can look with the exact same block but different fabric choices! I love your blue, red and white version.

BizarreQuilter said...

What a pleasant exercise to see them finished and compare colours!!

I particularly like yours with the sawtooth stars, and the fourth one down with striped sashings (do I know that maker?)

BizarreQuilter said...

What a pleasant exercise to see them finished and compare colours!!

I particularly like yours with the sawtooth stars, and the fourth one down with striped sashings (do I know that maker?)

Sheila said...

I agree they are all so different and all so beautiful , lovely display !

kiwikid said...

A wonderful collection of quilts Jo...all so different, in the quilting too.