Wednesday 22 March 2017

Now for some birthday goodness

I recently had a birthday. I kept it very quiet. With adjusting to working full time, coping with the heat, catching up with family my blogging and sewing time was pushed to the back. Anyway, I am catching up.

Here is my daughter giving me a cuddle and wishing me happy birthday. We caught up for the weekend and she took me to the movies in Benalla.. We saw " 50 Shades Darker" and were so enthralled with it we didn't realise the time had gone so fast. Just loved it...


I came home from work and had an unexpected visitor sitting in my lounge room. My brother decided to motorbike ride for seven hours to surprise me, join us for dinner, stay the night and ride home the next day. I was very happy as this was the the 3rd time we have ever been together for my special day. Once was my 21st, then my 40th and this one. No it wasn't an "0" birthday. Just with everything that has been going on with us lately it was special for us.. Thank you Graeme. Very much appreciated... he also gave me a little gift for our zen garden too...

 A beautiful "cousin itt" & red cactus

Here is the gift from my daughter too. I wanted to stock up on some toiletries for my travel bag an work draw. She thought I was strange. Anyway she got me what I wanted and more. I had run out of perfume so she bought me . My favourite and another beautiful selling one.

I also got this lovely little purse. It is great if you are just going out for tea and don't need all your cards. It has space for a few cards, some cash and your phone. So compact. She gave me an orange one for Xmas and I liked it so much she got me the yellow one too.

My gifts continued to come in the mail...


13 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

How happy to know your are so loved and spoiled! :) :) Great gifts and surprises. I read that book series and was very intrigued with book two especially...just the plot line and curiosity of "why". :)

Mari said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like it's been wonderful!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy belated birthday Jo. Glad you enjoyed your gifts and special visitor x

Linda said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Jo! Looks as though you had some happy family celebrations. Love that yellow purse, what an excellent idea. Just the right size for cards and phone and keys, excellent!

Helen said...

Happy belated birthday sounds like you were spoilt especially by your brother what a wonderful surprise.

Vireya said...

Belated "Happy birthday"! It obviously was happy, with all those special happenings. All the best for the year ahead!

The Patch Craft said...

A Happy belated birthday, love practical pressies

kiwikid said...

Happy belated birthday from me too Jo...you have some wonderful presents there. That was a great thing your brother did to come and visit for your special day.

margaret said...

belated wishes again. Loving the little purse very handy, lots of other goodies too and how lovely your brother came, mine are only about 1 or 2 hours away but would they do that no never

Binsa said...

Happy Birthday Jo, great to see your brother.

Sheila said...

Happy belated Birthday, how lovely to have the special visit from your brother . Lots of lovely present too 😊

Maria said...

Happy belated birthday and how lovely to see your brother ....💝

Chookyblue...... said...

It's not so much what you get for your birthday it is more what people do for you...... The special things......
My blog reading is a million years behind......