Saturday 27 May 2017

I've been working on my FMQ

My challenge quilt is coming together nicely. It is taking a while but I am very happy.

Large clam shells in a variegated blue thread. This is looking good.

I drew 1" grids and free motioned overlapping circles.
 I am working on the centre filling area... I think it's called mactavishing.

I have quilted the birds in and now deciding what to do in the top right corner and as a filler in the centre.
 I have cut all the left over borders together to make the binding. It was tricky.
I sewed the strips along the centre stipe on to the front of the quilt. I could see the little stripe and I was very careful to stitch straight. I then ironed the strip in half and over to the back ready for hand stitching down. 


 See the different quilting designs. Apple Core and mini Clam Shell.

 All the binding needs stitching down. It is getting there..

Can you see the fine coloured stripe in the binding fabric. That was a job keeping it straight.


13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow that looks great........you are doing so well...........

Helen said...

Totally agree it looks fabulous !!

kiwikid said...

That looks amazing Jo, love all the quilting, that binding wi u ld be super fiddly to get on but does look fantastic. Love the quilting detail on the birds.

Vireya said...

That is fantastic, Jo! You have done a beautiful job with the quilting and binding.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That is fantastic Jo. Well done.

jacaranda said...

A beautiful quilt Jo, well done. I have a thing for blue and brown combinations.

margaret said...

what a delight this is your quilting has liftd it to even higher heights lovely

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are going so darn well❤️❤️

Andrea said...

Love, love, love your quilting on this wall quilt. Including some extra birds in the quilting is genius. Awesome job. xxx Andrea

elliek said...

Stunning Jo. just beautiful

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jo! Perfect stitching and the design is gorgeous. Love how you did the binding - such patience and craftsmanship.

Sheryl said...

Amazing work Jo, this is so pretty, love the colours you are using.

Crystal_235 said...

Love this! Love the quilting, do you have a long arm?