Wednesday 19 July 2017

Scrap quilt number 3

I went through all the scraps and cut the biggest squares I could get out of it all.
I ended up with a variety of sizes. What will I do with them?
After clearing off the table I found a few of the larger blocks. They never made it into this top.
A good start for the next one.


I found this applique in the bag too.
It is all glued on and only needs the blanket stitching done.


Here is the way I am thinking.
Joined, sewed, cut, sewed and added some more.



I got this far then decided I needed a break.
Off to bed and complete it tomorrow 

Well here is no 3 top finished. I do love those spots.

These are the scraps I have left. Plenty for quite a few more quilts.



I have these blocks. They are 10" square.
I might use them up in a delectable mountains pattern.
That's for another time.

3 charity quilts done now for the next Aussie Hero quilt.
Request is for Australian Native Animals.



9 comments:

Maria said...

No 3 kidsquilt is lovely....have fun with the other scraps....

Mari said...

Wow, that was a lot to get out of that bag of scraps! Love that blue polka dot. It makes the quilt fun.

Helen said...

The blue polka dot makes the quilts, they look great.

margaret said...

quilt looks lovely and the polka dots work so well such a great buy that was. Best of luck with delectable mountains rather you than me

elliek said...

Amazing what you can make with scraps. They look great.

Linda said...

Great use of those scraps. The sort of thing I like to do. Love the two owls!

BizarreQuilter said...

oh jo! You are an inspiration to us all! xo

Sheila said...

Such a great use of scraps, you are so inspiring 💖

kiwikid said...

You have done so well with those scraps Jo, it is a great quilt.