Monday 21 August 2017

I actually cooked.

My hubby has been away and I am still catching up on my rest. At least I am back to eating. 
I cooked myself Roast Pork for the first time ever. My hubby can't eat pork so it is something I enjoy when I am out. Not today, I cooked my own. It was yummy.
I love the crackle and it cooked up so crisp.

A feast for me.. and there is plenty there for another two nights so I don't have to cook. Win Win....

Sarah this is for you. Yep, I went to the library and have spent the weekend listening to this. I really enjoyed the story while I sewed away.

Working my way through the list to catch up...

7 comments:

Linda said...

Pleased to hear your appetite is perking up. Enjoy your pork dinners.

Anthea said...

Hi Jo, wow you must be feeling better now, to cook that delicious pork for yourself... that crackling looks fab!
The chart for Dear Jane looks very organised, you'll be up-to-date in no time!

Maria said...

Oh what a feast you cooked up for yourself...
Love listening to an audio book when I sew..
Was it a good one ?

margaret said...

feast looks so tasty. I have got so lazy about cooking recently seem to eat a lot of omelettes now.I enjoy Nora Roberts books but have not tried audio books.

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. I LOVE roast pork, is my go to meal! I hope you really enjoyed it. Love Nora Roberts books, will look out for that one. Good luck with the catch up.

Mari said...

I do the same thing when my hubby is gone on a work trip--make food that he won't eat. It always makes me feel (a little) better about him being away. Enjoy your book!

Sarah said...

Woohoo!! Another audiobook convert!!
Glad you had a good weekend.