Wednesday 9 August 2017

I've been feeling under the weather....

For the past week I have been dressed in my pjs. Not eating much and drinking only water. I have been feeling terrible. Yep, the dreaded flu... Time to rest.. The only thing is I haven't even had the energy to sew until today... I finished hand quilting the border on my very special scrap quilt made by my friend, Sue... 
I am doing this back to front. Yes, that means I started quilting the centre to see the design then I moved on to the border. Now the border is finished I have trimmed it and on goes the binding to protect the edge.  Then I can do the centre at any time..
I sewed around the whole quilt and look how much is left. I have made diagonal seams when joining the strips but I am not worrying about here. This last seam is going to be straight. I'm not adding in extra. It's staying like this... I'm happy. 

Here is the binding all machined on ready for turning. I used different leftover strips for the binding.
 I think it matches well.

 I am liking the way it is looking with the binding stitched down.

16 comments:

Maria said...

Oh no , not the flu 😷... do hope your feeling better soon.
Beautiful quilting on the scrappy quilt.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I like your idea of quilting/binding in stages. I hope you are feeling better soon :)

Julierose said...

Beautiful quilt--your friend will just love it i am sure.
Hope you are feeling better each day--the flu is no fun...hugs, Julierose

Chookyblue...... said...

Good luck with your quilting......looks good so far.... Yippee you get better very quick..... My boys were both down with bad head cold.....

Kathy S. said...

Hope you're feeling better with each stitch. The scrappy quilt is beautiful.

kiwikid said...

I hope the flu is well on the way to leaving you, sounds like there have been some bad ones around this year. Your scrappy quilt is looking wonderful. Cutting it fine with the binding there Jo!!

margaret said...

sorry to read you are down with the flu, hopefully you wil start eating gain soon or you will get very weak. Tea and coffee are the first things I go off when not well and just have cold drinks or an oxo in boiling eater.
Quilt looks lovely wow your hand quilting is so even beautifully done.
Hope to meetLinda tomorrow at FOQ

Vireya said...

That was cutting it fine with the binding! Your quilting is beautiful. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Linda said...

Hope you start to feel better soon, Jo. Flu is horrid and you need to take things slowly so you can recover properly. Glad you were up to sewing today. 🌷

Tarnyia said...

Wearing PJs for days is the best flu wear around, do hope your feeling a lot better. Love the quilting on the quilt, hand quilting is always gorgeous xxx

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh man I hope my comment finds you feeling better....I agree your scrappy binding it perfect!

elliek said...

Love the quilt.. boy hand quilting...well done. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care

Jen said...

Hi, Jo, Hope you are feeling better,having the flu is not good.Your quilt is looking lovely and beautiful hand quilting .Love getting to the binding part on quilts. take care.

Anthea said...

oh that's not good Jo... you take care & don't push yourself.
The quilt is just gorgeous, well done, looks perfect for snuggling under in these cold months

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like it too! Hope you feel better soon, flu is not to be taken lightly... get some movies... be friends with the couch

Terry said...

What a pretty quilt! I love using scraps for binding, especially on a scrappy quilt. :0)