Sunday 24 September 2017

Red scraps

My friend wanted me to make her some double ended oven mitts for her to give as gifts... These are my favourites. I love using them as they keep my hands and arms safe. But I enjoy making them out of my scraps even more.

She wanted RED...
I tipped out my scraps of fabrics. And wadding too..
I'm not the neatest of storage people. I don't like ironing until I'm ready to use it. I love playing with the little bits...

 All my scraps were sewn to wadding, just like QAYG. I kept sewing until the pieces were long strips and pocket size. Then I trimmed them to correct size..
 And they are finished. I am so happy with them...

11 comments:

Linda said...

Those are brilliant, Jo. Did you use double batting in the 'hand' part of the ovengloves?

Mari said...

These are so cute! They look pretty easy, too. Lucky friend!

Maria said...

Such a great use of your red scraps...

Daffycat said...

Adorable! Those will make fantastic gifts.

kiwikid said...

They look amazing Jo, will be a perfect gift.

jacaranda said...

Nice and bright, what did you use for the batting?

Vireya said...

Beautiful use of scraps!

Crystal_235 said...

Love these!!

Julierose said...

Just love the dbl-ended oven mitts--such a perfect gift idea--I'm off to collect my leftover batting pieces right now--thanks so much for sharing...hugs, Julierose

Andrea said...

Ooooh - I like those oven mitts! Ideas are flowing for the next lot I need to make....

Kimberley said...

Feel free to make me one of those any day you like! I'd love to spend a day or two with you sewing and learning from you! They are fabulous!