Friday 15 December 2017

Garage sale Fabric shopping...

Oh wow... The other Saturday I got a call from a fellow quilter, Karen....
There's a garage sale with cheap quilting fabric. Only 15 minutes from home.
I quickly shower, make a few calls, pick up another friend, grab a coffee and set off.
We get to the sale... WOW...
Call another friend... By the time she tirns up here is my shopping pile...
 I have measured, folded & sorted into lengths for easy finding.. 

All measured, folded and sorted. Ready to pack away...

$150 later, 160 metres, 1 polyester quilt, 2 cushion inserts, 1 plastic storage tub and a pile of magazines to flick through... It was amazing. Thanks for thinking of me Karen. I am sure to get a lot of charity and Aussie Hero quilts made from this win...
My other 2 friends also scored a bit too.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Can't believe how much fabric you got at the Garage sale! We don't have these sales in the UK (or I've never seen them) but I know they happen NZ.

Vireya said...

Oh, my! What a haul! Well done - lots of lovely quilts to be made there.

Ellen said...

Wow...you really hit the jackpot!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! That looks like an amazing pile of “new” fabric to play with

Maria said...

What a wonderful haul Jo... lots of lovely quilts to be made from that lot....enjoy !

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg.... Have fun putting all that to good use........

Cheryll said...

WoW... I shall now call you Bargain Hunter... xox
Merry Christmas.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is an amazing haul of fabric goodies!!

Mari said...

Wow, what a great sale! You got really lucky!

Anthea said...

Good heavens Jo... that's some haul! Well done!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Nice haul!!! Can't wait to see what you make of them ;-)

Sheryl said...

Goodness, what an amazing amount of pretty fabric to keep you busy for a while.

Denice Barker said...

Oh, my. This is my fear. If I don't get busy and use my stash this could happen to all of my fabric when I die!

kiwikid said...

Fantastic haul of fabric Jo, well done!!