Sunday 12 July 2020

Playing around with blogger, posts and a little bit of sewing...

Working out blogger. I'm not sure how to do this really. This attempt is just doing a new post and inserting the photos. I don't know what will happen when I delete the photos from my photo album. Once they are on my blog I take the photos off my iPad to free up space. Doing it this way used to delete them from my blog as well. Let's see what happens now.

I usually email my photos one at a time to my blog and then edit them. That's how I got the photo to stay visible and I easily did my posts.
Now, if I email them and they are a draft I cannot work out how to edit, type a message, see the photo or even preview it. On my iPad the only thing that shows when I preview is half my header photo. Chooky has offered to help via a call so if I get frustrated I'll be taking her up on the offer. Until then I'll try a few things.

So if you don't see me for a while know I am reading your blogs but not successful with mine.

Please keep safe everyone. 

I bought this beautiful pack of Japanese fabric squares when I was on my sewing cruise many years ago. As we all do, I didn't want to cut into them as they are sew pretty. But the time has come and I am going to be brave.

Working out what to do to showcase this fabric.

Cutting and sewing back together again

I am trying these little blocks out for a bit of fun. I'm not sure what will I will end up doing with them. I just wanted to try a pattern out.


11 comments:

jacaranda said...

Your blog post looks great. I have reverted back to the old style, but guess by the end of July will have to use the new setup. I also have a few packs left of the Japanese Taupes, I made mine into flying geese. Glad all is well your way, thanks for the email Jo.

Jenny said...

Your new project looks great.
Must admit that I haven't done anything with Blogger. I write my blog in Live Writer then post it. Works for me at the moment.

Linda said...

I don’t recall know what’s happening with Blogger. I guess I missed seeing an a mail telling me about changes?

Mari said...

Your experiment must have worked because your post came through just fine. The new Blogger is weird but you'll figure it out in time. The pictures work better for me if I upload them direct from the computer. I edit them there and then upload them to the post. Try that and see of it helps. Your fabrics are beautiful!

Maria said...

The post worked Jo. I've just stuck to the old blogger ...
Your new projects looks interesting.

dq said...

HI Jo. It looks to me that you worked out the kinks in your post! I am so glad because I enjoy reading your blog and would be sad if I didn't hear from you any more.

That layer cake is gorgeous. I am happy to read that you are having fun with them!

kiwikid said...

Great post Jo, worked well. That bundle of fabric is beautiful and your blocks very cute. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

jude's page said...

Always good to try things out for fun, and I load the photos from my computer, and so far, so good.

Janice said...

They are pretty fabrics. I’m intrigued as to what your project is.

KaHolly said...

I cringe to think of blogger changing...again. I haven’t explored the new interface. Guess I’ll find out soon, though. Like your scrappy blocks!

loulee said...

Pretty little blocks.