Friday, 31 December 2021
Tuesday, 21 December 2021
Merry Christmas to all.
I have had a bit of trouble keeping up posting lately and reading blogs as well as commenting. Please know I have read you posts but it is a busy time for all and I have fallen behind.
My Xmas gathering with my quilt group was amazing.
Look at the display we put together.
Here we are all set and everyone enjoying themselves. We had 30 ladies enjoy the night.
And our Kris Kringle swap went well. This is what my gift was. Look at the lovely machine embroidery.
I am looking forward to the end of the year. I have celebrated Xmas with my daughter and grandsons already and I will spend Xmas with my brothers. There might be another post before the end of the year.
Everyone please have a very happy and safe festive season and a merry Christmas to all.
Tuesday, 14 December 2021
A sewing machine needle case & challenge project
For our Kris Kringle gift this year we are to make a needle case to store our sewing machine needles.
I am making a special one for me at home but I also need one to put in my travelling machine bag.
I came across this tutorial
on Pinterest from https://www.thepetitesewist.com/2019/01/diy-sewing-needle-organizer.html
I have used this tutorial as a basic start and changed it a bit.
I’m sure it will look great when it is all together. This is the one I am making for the gift so I can take part and receive one back. Now here is the one I wrapped up. It has ties to keep it closed
We also had a mini challenge to complete. It was the Fairy Quilt Godmother
Look at this pattern
Thursday, 9 December 2021
My week of sewing
I am amazed that I have actually done some sewing. This has not happened for quite a while.
The weather has been hot. When it’s cooled down a bit the doors and windows have been opened up. This is when I am most happy.
Anyway, our quilt group met the other night for a charity sewing night. We used fabrics we found stored away in the shed. Beautiful flannelette and soft quilting fabrics.
I also found a quilt kit in a bag when cleaning the shed. It had all the blocks made. The top had started to be assembled. There was a large piece of blue fabric which was enough for the sashing and bindings. So I laid them out and we started to sew them together. 1 top was done. A member has taken it home to put on the borders, quilt it and bind it. Amazing.
There were enough blocks to make 2 good sized quilts that on Saturday, our next sewing day, I was able to complete another top up to border stage. I will wait for the other completed quilt to come back so I can use the left over blocks for the borders. Can you see the stars..
On Sunday at home I continued the sewing of my Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt clue 1 blocks. I did get the blocks all sewn. They are ready to be ironed and trimmed.
Then I moved on to clue 2 and got all the pieces cut. More flying geese. These are one of my most disliked blocks. The good part about these mysteries I am forced to make blocks I wouldn’t normally choose.
I feel like I have had a great week.