Sunday 21 February 2021

FNSI & RSC SCRAP SATURDAY WITH YELLOWS

 It’s been a great weekend so far. We  are now out of stage 4 lockdown so we can move about a bit easier.

I had Friday night at home to myself so I joined in with 

FNSI with WENDY. You can have a look at what others were sewing too.


And I started off with some knitting to finish my scarf. This is the one using teabag strings. I have made it 6 foot long and already know who I will be giving this to for a gift. My work colleagues are still collecting them so it looks like I’ll be making another one. It is easy to pick up when I don’t really want to concentrate too much.


Then I worked on my RSC - yellow project MULTIPLY blocks.


These are now added to January’s colour Pink.

This was all while I binge watched DEEP WATER. THIS WAS A GREAT SERIES 1 which I got really trapped watching. I watched the whole lot of the series. Went to bed at 4am...

When I finally got up on Saturday (about lunch time) I continued sewing with yellows.
I sewed all my scrap yellow crumbs to make library bags and pencil cases.




I have added a book to each bag too. My friend gave me some books and Big W at the moment have a free book each week for 6 weeks you can collect. The staff at work kindly collected some for me. These library bags are being donated to underprivileged children. Without bags they cannot borrow library books. 




Now I have 8 sets to post off to Jan Mac for Melbourne charities. Jan donates to so many different charities so it feels good to support her. https://sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.blogspot.com/




I’m also linking up with ANGELA for RSC SCRAP HAPPY SATURDAY.






26 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Multiply blocks look great in YELLOW, as do those lovely library bags!!

Vireya said...

Yellow is such a happy colour.

jacaranda said...

Yellow is my favourite colour, reminds me of dancing daffodils.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I'm intrigued by the idea of making a scarf from teabag strings. I am definitely going to have to poke around and look for more info.

jude's page said...

Love your yellow blocks, they look so cheerful, and what a fantastic idea to make those bags with books on for donation.

marina said...

your post is full of lovely sunshine!
Can't believe you knitted all those tea bag strings!! You're amazing.

Linda said...

Love the Multiply blocks, they oink and yellow ones already look great together so a whole quilt of Rainbow colours will be gorgeous. I love your Crumb Library bags and pencil cases. (Btw I used to have some of the pretty yellow sprigged fabric in my stash) Such bright and jolly bags, any child will love taking those to school. Nice idea to get friends from work to collect the free Ladybird books to add to the bags. I agree, Jan Mac does an amazing job supporting so many different charities.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I love those library bags you've made, there will be a lot of smiling faces when they receive them! Such a good cause...xx

Maria said...

Your Multiple Blocks for RSC will make a fabulous quilt...
Four more great library bags and pencil cases to add to the great pile..
love the idea of the wee boos and freebies are a bonus.

Maria said...

Oh well done finishing the scarf....

Lin said...

The book bags are a great way to use up your yellow scraps and a lovely idea to donate. Nice work on your yellow blocks and your scarf is amazing! xx

Mari said...

Your multiply blocks look great, and the library bags turned out terrific, too. Really, they can't borrow books without a bag? Good thing they'll have these lovely bags to fill!

Jenny said...

Lovely yellow blocks and library bags. Jan Mac does so much for chadilty, she is a wonder. I have some bits and bobs to send over so maybe I should make some library bags too

Karen's Korner said...

Such a lot of work has gone into that scarf...amazing. Nice work on the library bags.

Kaisievic said...

Your scarf is amazing - teabag strings? Wow!

kiwikid said...

Your scarf looks amazing Jo, well done on the finish. Love your yellow blocks and the pencil cases and bool bags look wonderful too.

Cheryll said...

That's ALL excellent Jo. Well done...xox

Vicki said...

A very cheerful post. The pink and yellow multiply blocks loom great together. The library bags are lovely too, i dont think we have anythjng like them in the UK (but then again I think our libraries are in danger of disappearing)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your multiply blocks look great and love how they're coming along displayed alongside your pink ones.
The library bags are fantastic and I'm sure they'll be loved by some little people. I'll go and click through that link for the charity projects in Victoria now :)

QuiltGranma said...

You HAVE been busy! Wow, kids have to have a bag to get books from the library? That is a new concept. (I am from the USA) Sew nice of you to make the kids something so they can read!

Janet O. said...

Your yellow and pink blocks look so pretty together!
I admire what you are doing with your scraps and crumbs. That is a wonderful service!

Susie H said...

Your blocks look great and I have never heard of knitting with tea bag strings. I'll have to check that out! What a great idea to make library bags. Sweet to include a starter book in it too!

Jen said...

Well, who would have thought tea bag strings would make a lovely lacy scarf.I have never seen one before it is pretty. The library bags are great with the matching pencil cases. Love your yellow fabric blocks in the quilt ,reminds me of summer which we are in the last week here downunder in Australia.Thank you Jo for your kind words,I will keep you up to date. Jen xx

Janice said...

Wow! You did achieve a lot. The scarf turned out so well. So nice and floaty. The library bags will be much appreciated.

KaHolly said...

Wow! Love the library bag project! How cool is that?

dq said...

Fantastic use of your yellows for rainbow scrap challenge! They are perfect with the pinks added!