Wednesday, 29 July 2026

I’m knitting IZZY dolls

 Does anyone else knit these. IZZY dolls. I wanted something different and small to knit. I have so many odd balls of acrylic yarn that’s been in a tub over 12 years. So I saw this cute little doll that is being made for charities to give out to children. 

It takes me about 2 hours to knit and another hour to sew up and finish off. (roughly).


the Boys face is sewn


I get bored quickly so I needed to source different styles. Pinterest is perfect for this.

My first IZZY family of 7


tWin brothers


the Little sister


POOH BEAR


the Silly clown


And the family puppy

Read about them HERE. The different styles and varieties have changed over the years. Now I’m off to find someone (hopefully nearby) that would like them.


I did not succeed with my June .. #7 and July .. #5 challenge. Fingers crossed for August when Deana spins it on the 1st of August.







15 comments:

Barb said...

KOGO.love these, so I’m very happy to deliver them via my sister Judy

Denice Barker said...

Any hospital children?

loulee said...

They are so cute. We have a resident at work who makes them. Good luck with your August goals.

Jenny said...

So cute, and a great idea to use up those tiny left over balls. How about giving them to Foster Hope, or Grandparents raising Grandchildren? Or Women's Refuge? I know of someone who gives these sort of toys to the police, who keep them in the cars to hand them out to traumatised children. Do let us know where they end up.

Ma Betty said...

I love your Izzy family. What a good idea to give them to the Police.

Karen's Korner said...

They are sure to bring a smile to a little ones face.

Julie said...

These are adorable Jo. My Mum used to knit these but they had a plastic ping pong ball in their head instead of stuffing & she would cut a slit in the ball & put 3 or 4 small buttons in ... & they became baby rattles. Mum used to knit them in pretty pastel colours, pinks, blues lemons & I sold them in my craft cottage - they were so popular. I wish Mum were still here so I could tell her the story behind these dolls. On her (very old) pattern they were called "Little Pet dolls". Yours are adorable.

Julie said...

I'm just remembering now that I think she used to cover the ping pong ball with very thin wadding so they were soft to the touch.

kiwikid said...

Very cute family Jo.

Lin said...

I have never heard of your dolls but they are cute and a great way to use up scraps. xx

Jenny said...

.The dolls are certainly full of personality. Well done Jo with this donation '

Narelle said...

Such a cute family and a lovely idea. Mum used to knit trauma teddies for the Red Cross.
Good luck for August challenge.

jude's page said...

They are gorgeous Jo, well done

Maria said...

How cute and will beloved by little ones.

Karen S said...

These are great fun and so colourful. I remember making them for my own children.