Monday 13 August 2018

Having fun crocheting

I am making this snuggle blanket with an elephants head.
I am using chenille yarn and crochet.
It looks a bit strange unfinished.


But now I have the arms, head and ears on it's looking better.


Even better with the eyes..
How cute has this turned out.
It is so soft and cuddly.


Well, for anyone who wants to try this very cute pattern here is the link.
I must say that I didn't do it exactly as my yarn was much thicker than the pattern suggested. All I did was left a row out here and there, added some more and made it fit.

The girl I gave it to loved it so that's all that counts.
I'm happy too.

Go and give it a go..

8 comments:

Anthea said...

That is so very cute Jo! No wonder it was so well received.
No use me looking at that pattern; I can't crochet, since I was too arrogant as a teenager for my Nan to teach me.
x

Maria said...

Oh your special snuggle rug looks sew soft and cuddly.....Baby will love it.

Lots of fun I Spy squares in previous post. Enjoy putting them together.

jacaranda said...

Gorgeous, whoever it is for, will love it.

Vireya said...

That is very cute. It looks very snuggle-able!

elliek said...

Aww cute Jo

Linda said...

What a sweet little elephant blanket! A friend made some similar with rabbit heads and they were gorgeous too.

dq said...

My goodness! That is adorable!

kiwikid said...

That is beautiful Jo, I like yours better that the pattern one, looks more snuggly.