Friday 3 August 2018

Crochet basket


I have always wanted to make a basket with cord.
I have seen the ones with thread wrapped around cord and then zig-zagged together to make any shape you want. Then I came across this pattern. I had some old 8ply cotton that I wasn't sure how to use it up so I thought this basket would be a good idea.
I'm going to be going on a few drives so sitting in the car will be a bit tiring if I haven't got anything to do. I'm sure this will last me a while.
When I get some done I'll show the photos.


This is what I am trying to make.



If you want to give it a try, click here for the pattern.

8 comments:

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Very talented, love the box :)

Cheryll said...

I will watch in anticipation of some pics. Looks like a great project...xox

retdairyqueen said...

Looking forward to seeing the results

kiwikid said...

Looks great Jo, looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Vireya said...

Wow, that looks interesting. I haven't seen that technique before. Have fun with it!

dq said...

I love it JO! I am thinking I might have to make me one. I linked to your post and the instruction post for future reference on my blog post that will show up tomorrow.

elliek said...

Have looked at this pattern, not sure about over the cord so will watch your progress. Great idea though

Daffycat said...

How clever! I look forward to seeing your creation!