Wednesday 20 November 2019

ON RINGO LAKE TOPS ARE COMPLETED BEFORE THIS YEARS MYSTERY BEGINS.

ON RINGO LAKE TOPS ARE COMPLETED BEFORE THIS YEARS MYSTERY BEGINS.

Her is my 2017 mystery top that I finished a while back.


My mission has been to get my friend, Maxine to finish hers too.

Last year and this at our retreat Maxine has brought her quilt along.
Now, keep in mind, Maxine only started quilting about 3 years ago. She was a bit daunted with all these small pieces and the importance of accurate seam allowance.
We started to look at where she was up to at an all day sewing day at our local group.
We laid out the pieces and worked out what needed to be done.
Sorry about the blurry photo.

Another blurry photo but all the sashings have been done.

And here it is at the end of the retreat.
Yes we noticed the mistake at the top.
We are not trimming it until it is quilted . The lovely colours Maxine chose instead of going scrappy look amazing.
She has done a wonderful job.
She may even give this years FROLIC a go.

Have a look here at BONNIE HUNTERS QUILTVILLE.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

Hooray for Maxine! Ringo Lake was quite a complex quilt, so I hope she feels a great sense of achievement having it all together.

Julierose said...

Good for her--I haven't made any of these because of all the little angles and seam crossings...I give her credit for pressing on...the colors are just lovely hugs, Julierose

KaHolly said...

You are an awesome mentor! Well done, ladies!

Crystal_235 said...

Way to go! I did half of the 9 patches and than put it away to work on something else and never got it back out again.

kiwikid said...

Well done on helping Maxine to a finish , great colours, and I wouldn't worry about the mistake, we are not all perfect.😂

Maria said...

Well done to you both and great you were able to help Maxine get her On Ringo Lake done...
good luck with Frolic...I"ll save the blocks for Frolic and see how I go...

Cheryll said...

Well done... & I love the colours...xox