Monday 3 February 2020

Loving my Bloc Loc rulers....


I don't really do written reviews but here goes.

I saw these Bloc Loc rulers a few years back and thought they were interesting. I watched a tutorial at one of the quilt shows and thought they would be a great addition to my ruler / tools collection. When I saw the price my thoughts were put on hold. UNTIL THIS YEAR. I finally got around to purchasing a half square triangle pack. That was in July. They have sat in their sweet little packet until this years BONNIE HUNTER MYSTERY. We have had to make 100's of half square triangles. So what better time than now to learn how to use them.
WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG. They are brilliant. They make it so easy to trim up blocks, accurately too. Paired with a rotary cutting mat and the job was done super quick.
Anyway, now I'm on the hunt for the flying geese ruler set. In this mystery we have to make 100's of geese and I am not a fan. I won't get the rulers in time to use with this project but they will be bought soon.
As I said they are not cheap but well worth it. I have only found them at Punch With Judy (Australia) as I don't do online shopping well.
Hopefully you can get the chance to try these rulers and some might suit you. Treat yourself to a great gift..


Perfect every time..
This shows just how many half square triangles I have trimmed...

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

I use a similar type of ruler & I agree with you... they are sooooo good.
Good luck with the next purchase too...xox

Janice said...

Doesn't having the right tool make a huge difference. I balked at the price, considering you needed a separate ruler for each size, so just press HST seams open and use a square ruler. I have the Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese Tool, which works for multiple sizes. I really love it. Have fun with your rulers.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thanks for the review. I do have a few tools that do the job nicely, but you have me interested in these. I looked them up on Amazon and they are horrifically expensive! LOL I will keep my eye out for a sale!

Vireya said...

There are a lot of HSTs and geese in Frolic!

Mari said...

That's a LOT of trimming. I'm sure it will be really pretty when you're finished. have fun!

Crystal_235 said...

I haven't tried them yet. But lots of people recommend them.

Maria said...

I have only used the regular square rulers.. Would be great to just try these before purchase????