Saturday 28 March 2020

INTERNATIONAL SISTERS BREAKING THE RULES.

THIS WAS OUR LAST NIGHT TOGETHER BEFORE GROUP GATHERINGS WERE BANNED.
This COVID-19 has gone crazy.
Quilters have plenty to stitch at home but we miss the group visits and chats.

Our group got together for an International Sisters Workshop.
It was a relaxed fun night. If we only knew what was to come.
I had a sample block made and some more cut out. Most people made 2 blocks.



The ladies from the other end.
We are very lucky to have this space available to us every week.
We now appreciate it even more now that we cannot get together and use it.
 I think we should have a party when we finally can meet again.



Here are the nights efforts made by this group of ladies. It was a fun tutorial night.



Preeti kindly gave me permission to share her pattern at my group.
Let's all support her too. Go over and see what she is up to.
https://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/2019/05/international-sister-block.html

I really want to thank PREETI for her kindness.

And here are my sisters breaking the social distance rules and sticking together as one.

11 comments:

Cheryll said...

The "girls" look great altogether...in person AND in fabric...
Stay away & Stay safe...xox

Vireya said...

Sounds like it was a fun get-together, with lots of happy sisters. I wonder how long it will be until we can do that sort of thing again?

jacaranda said...

It is the physical companionship that everyone is missing, fingers crossed this is only a few months of inconvenience out of our lives to get through....we have friends, family and togetherness to look forward to down the track. Looks like it was a great night of sewing.

kiwikid said...

What a great evening Jo, your sisters look amazing. Well done.

Maria said...

Lots of lovely Sisters ...
Lucky you had the GTG before the fines come in.
Sadly I gave up my outings this week and miss seeing my friends but hopefully we can all get over it in a few months...
Great to have my sewing.

KaHolly said...

Fantabulous! I see Tx represented there 🙂. My sisters blocks are all pieced and I’ve drafted a quilt top pattern, but I’ve waited too long to shop for the required background fabrics, and now all the stores are closed. Guess I’ll have to dig it out and order from online. Stay well! ❤️

Jenny said...

You are right, the sisters should stick together! Such a lovely group of blocks, and your quilter friends too.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

A great big party when you return is definitely called for

Janice said...

It's times like these that you realise how much you enjoy the company of our friends and I think there will be quite a few parties when we can finally come together again with friends.

Preeti said...

Jo, since most of the rules were written by men to serve men, it is only natural that we sisters break those rules. It warms my heart and nourishes my soul to see my quilty sisters creating fabric sisters. Even when we physically distance from each other by rules or by an ocean, we stand together in solidarity. The sisterhood is strong and continues to thrive. Stay safe. Sending hugs and best wishes.

dq said...

I hope you are staying healthy and happy. I have not heard from you in a spell.

I am so glad you had this night together. Prayers to more "together" time again in the near future.