Saturday 25 April 2020

ANZAC DAY...... AUSSIE HERO QUILT & LAUNDRY BAG IN THE POST

So here are my piles of blue scrap fabrics.
I am doing strip, QAYG piecing.
This will be made into an Aussie Hero quilt.
Unfortunately it didn't use up many scraps.
I still cant close the blue tub but I am happy with the end result.


Here is the finished quilt. I love the look of it but not sure if I like doing QAYG this way.
It has the binding on the front but not the back. The seams were very bulky.
The recipients name has been covered up for privacy.
There were a few mistakes as I had cut the blocks out to sew a certain way then I decided to follow a different tutorial which didn't match the cutting/sewing measurements. The seam lines don't match but are still ok. It was a learning curve for me. I am still trying to find a QAYG method I enjoy and that works or me. This is now in the mail...


Look at this fantastic backing fabric I have used.
It shows all the icons landmarks in Sydney & Melbourne


I have sent off this Laundry bag too. Obviously the recipient is named Bob..

7 comments:

Maria said...

A fabulous QAYG you made in blues .. I'm not a fan of putting together those blocks but my friends Jan @ Oz Comfort Quilts is a wiz at it sew therefore I send her my blocks...Bob's laundry looks good too,

Linda said...

Anzac Day is a good day to finish an Aussie Hero quilt. It looks good. I know what you mean about joining QAYG blocks. I love making the blocks and have sent many to Jan Mac over the years but only made them up into quilts myself a couple of times. Each time I struggled with the method and the bulky seams. I’ve obviously not got the process right.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful quilt No, it is hard to find a QAYG meeting that works well. Laundry bag is great too, Bob will be happy.

dq said...

Am I to understand that you still have a lot of blue scraps? I need to buy more blues. The funny thing is that blue is probably my favorite color too.

Your Aussie Hero Quilt and Laundry bag are so generous as is usual for you. I love the quit so much! I have not tried QAYG for many years. It would be a learning curve for me too.

dq said...

I also forgot to tell you how much I love the fun backing fabric!

loulee said...

What a great finish. I wouldn't worry too much about what matches up and what doesn't It looks fantastic as it is.

Mari said...

I am not a big fan of quilt as you go, but your quilt and bag turned out great! Sure to be appreciated. Hope you are doing well.