Sunday 20 September 2020

A POST FINALLY- you will need more than a coffee to get through this post.

Hello everyone. I have so many photos I was going to share but i cant see what is posting until its posted... so good luck What have I been doing...... I sent off 2 beanies for charity to Jan Mac. she does so much for charity. Have a look at what se does https://sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.blogspot.com/
I hve spent a lot of time making masks and some people have requested straps for the elastics so their ears dont hurt. Imade some for my husband to try. which he liked then wanting some for work. When he is wearing it with his hat you cannot even see it. So I made some pretty ones too.
The other week Annie from a group I belonged to a while agao asked if I wanted to join their ZOOM meeting. Of course I said YES. We had a great chat with lotsof laughs. It has been a while since I have soken to any of them. Annie did visit me in Mildura when she was on a holiday here a couple of yearsback. We enjoyed the day catching up
So my Bonnie Hunter Frolic came out and played. I had already started sewing sashings on then it was put away. I spent some time getting my head around it. Sewed the rest of the sashings, gave it an iron & hung it on the wall. I just love it. Now I have to get inspired to sew the borders.
Next thing that has been happening is a little secret but our quilt group has a miniature challenge happening. I couldn't get into it so wasn't going to participate. You know how you all have those beautiful fabrics you just don't want to cut into. Well, I did. I designed a small piece, started cutting then sewing. Wow I have finished it and love it too. Doing some hand quilting
and the backing
I spent a Friday night scrapbooking with an online group I used to scrap with in person. Make a Page Scrapbooking with Kylie & Mel. They are on Facebook, which I am not. My daughter and grandson spent the night scrapping too. It was fun. This happens once a month where ther is chatting, scrapping, voting and a winner.. I haven't scrapped in quite a while so this was fun.
Next I had a play around with a fun little Maple block. I have always loved them and I was happy with how this one worked. Sometmes you just have to do something little for fun.
There was a link to a free house pattern in our quilt group newsletter. I made 4 with the fabrics from FROLIC as I had them out. Here is the link to make your own VILLAGE quilt .
okay, so if you are still here - you are amazing - I finished my UFO project - the key holders. I love them and have some for gifts now. Very Happy.
Now Sarah will be celebrating a very special birthday and put out a request for a birthday block to go into her her and help her celebrate. Yes i did one and have posted it. I know she is crazy in love with cats- especially ZORO https://sarahdidit.blogspot.com/2020/07/feline-friday-and-birthday-cake-71720.html
A girl at work wanted a super hero mask for her $ year old son - Rhyder - His friend wears one and he felt like he was missing out so of course I had to help. I dragged out some scraps and made him 2..
He sent me this photo to say thankyou
Well after all this sewing I decided to clean my sewing machine. Boy did it need it. Look at the mess that was in there. It sews a lot better now
And today I had a lovely afternoon tea with Judy and friends for Breast Cancer National Awareness. Judy raises money for this charity and normally holds a retreat but a ZOOM was held today because of COVID restrictions. Have a look at her Blog... http://newsfromjude.blogspot.com/
WOW what a post.this took me a while to get together. I dont start the computer often and this is a new one so took some time to find things. Hope you have enjoyed a catch up... Keep safe everyone and look forward to restricctions lifting

16 comments:

Linda said...

Great catch up post, Jo. Good to know you are keeping busy!

Vireya said...

Great to hear from you, Jo. Your Frolic looks fantastic!

jacaranda said...

You certainly have been very busy and productive, lots of lovely projects.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful catch up post Jo, you have been busy with all kinds of things. Love the scrapbook page.

Maria said...

WOW!! you sure have been very busy with all your projects and also getting to have a few Zoom meetings...
I was so annoyed on Sunday a my internet dropped out before I got a chance to say "Bye" to you all. Hope to catch up again soon.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have really been busy doing a lot of things. Thanks for sharing. I got a little chuckle out of your sewing machine! Yep, those things need to be cleaned. I have it on my calendar to clean mine once a month. I don't know why it is so hard to stop and clean the sewing machine. LOL

KaHolly said...

Great to see a post from you and to see how busy you’ve been! I really enjoyed it.

Mari said...

What a lot of fun things you've been working on! No wonder your machine needed cleaning. I love the Frolic quilt and admire anyone who can finish it, and your other projects are looking pretty great, too. Hang in there. COVID can't last forever, and you all in Australia are doing a lot better than we are. Stay safe.

Susan said...

What a great catch up post - I think we are very lucky to be able to get together cyberally. I love Frolic - and the houses. A clever way to resolve the sore ears issue on the masks too!

jude's page said...

Great post Jo, you have been busy with lots of things,love your frolicquilt, and thanks for joining in on zoom and supporting BCNA.

Janice said...

That was a nice newsy post. You’ve been very busy. I love your mask innovation. Very clever.

dq said...

Jo, I have to run to school this morning, but I'll be back to soak in every word of what you have been up to.

You have been missed!

dq said...

I bet your machine is so much happier with a cleaning! I know mine needs it too!

I like the mask bands. I am surprised that my ears have done ok though. I have been switching from ear bands to ties to give them a rest. The and is perfect for men with hats as you have shown!

I am gad you have been zooming again with friends!

Cheryll said...

WOW Jo... you have been busy on some fantastic projects...
Love the mask extensions...and those cute houses too...
Well done...xox

Lin said...

Such a lot going on there Jo. The key holders are a great idea - and it is amazing how much fluff builds up in a sewing machine isnt it! I love your Bonnie Hunter. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

i'm behind and I missed all Judes posts about her morning teas.......SO i had to go buy some fabric to support her.....I just realised the pic of her zoom was yours from the one i shared......i have done a post so maybe someone else will buy a little bit of fabric over the weekend.......add her her great effort....