Sunday 20 June 2021

Holiday snaps and some sewing and a finish

 Ok, here are a few holiday snaps. I didn’t really take many but I’ll show you some.

While driving along you see some beautiful views. Driving up the highway the morning we left Port Augusta we saw this amazing view. The clouds surrounding a table top mound. (I am not very good with names of things or the history). It was stunning.




My next photo was when we had a stop just over the border into the Northern Territory. Of course we did get a photo.



We had a big day of driving this day. Approx 700kms. It was a late day so we ended up having our overnight stay in a roadside stop bay. It was at the landmark for the Tropic of Capricorn. It was busy stop for travellers too.


It’s such a shame that there are people out there that want to destroy everything.



Now for my sewing.

I have been working on my Fairy Quilt Godmother but I can’t show the right side of  my work a sit is a challenge for our group. But I will show you a bit of progress 



Then I worked on my motorbike quilt. It is finished and today I sewed on the label and hanging sleeve.



I am involved with an online group called Quilting Around the World. QATW.

We have going on an ugly fabric swap. I got sent an ugly 1/2 metre and I am to make a quilt with it measuring larger than 36*45”. It cannot just be a border but must be used in the main part of the quilt. I also had to send my partner a fabric I chose. 

Here is what I received.



I have decided on a pattern and chosen the fabric I am putting with it.

I can’t show my progress as this is a challenge as well.




12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

That looks an interesting piece of ugly fabric...looking forward to seeing what you create with it.

jacaranda said...

That fabric doesn’t present as too ugly, I actually like it. Great snaps, looking forward to seeing some more.

Vireya said...

The ugly fabric looks good with those greens.

Congrats on the motorbike finish.

I hope you will show us your finished challenges when you can.

Fiona said...

looks a great trip.. the motorbike quilt is lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing both your challenges
Hugz

Lin said...

Everybodys idea of ugly is different! It works well with your greens. Great finish on the motorbike quilt and that first photograph is fantastic. xx

Jenny said...

Holiday snaps are always interesting to those of us at home! Lovely motor bike quilt,I seem to remember you made another motor bike quilt one a while ago?

kiwikid said...

Love the motorbike quilt Jo. That so called ugly fabric looks great with your greens there. Great holiday photos too, that morning photo is stunning. I can't understand senseless destroying either.

jude's page said...

Great travel pics and look forward to your mystery reveals

QuiltGranma said...

Interesting 'ugly' fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Janice said...

How lucky you were to have a trip to the NT. The bike quilt is very effective. I’m intrigued with your ugly fabric project. The colours remind me if watermelon. What was the fabric you sent?

Chookyblue...... said...

that first pic is stunning.....I don't get vandals.......goodluck with those secret projects.......

dq said...

This is my first time seeing your 30th anniversary motorcycle quilt - LOVE LOVE!!! Congratulations! I also love the photo of you and your sweetheart together. Is he pretty tall?