Friday 11 June 2021

What have I been doing. I’m still here….

 Hi everyone. I am here even though I haven’t posted. 

I have travelled 7,000 kms in our bus from Mildura to Darwin and back over 3 weeks. Camping on roadsides, in caravan parks, free camping spots, spending time at my brothers and back home again.

We left home early on a Saturday and made a stop at a painted silo in Wirrabara



This is just amazing. I was travelling with my husband, brother & husband and wife friends. They had camp trailers and we had a converted bus named BASIL.


Okay, more about my trip later..

Tonight I have been preparing a new challenge project for our quilt group. We are to make a FAIRY QUILT GODMOTHER project.

https://www.paperpanache.com/get-your-fairy-quilt-godmother

This is my plan.

These are the fabrics chosen.

And now I am ready for a day of sewing. I have my fabric swatches pasted to my plan so I can follow them easily….. Hopefully…


This is such a fun project to work on as a challenge. It is also a mystery as you really don’t know what the finished project will look like.
Have a look at some of the other finished projects.


Everyone will be different.

Go and have a look at this site to see how much fun it is to choose a different project. If you print it out as per the instructions it will only measure 10” * 14”….. Mine is a bit smaller and there are others in the group that have done it much larger. We have to finish ours by September/October for our Quilts in the Garden display. 




15 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a fun trip and art work on the silos is gorgeous….
Boy that sure is a challenge….. lots of tiny pieces… have fun.

Mari said...

That sounds like a wonderful trip! I know your godmother will be just lovely, too. Be sure to tell us her name!

Janet O. said...

Your trip sounds delightful, and I love the name of your converted bus!
Oh, those fairy quilt godmothers are a hoot. Looking forward to seeing your "come to life."

Karen's Korner said...

You certainly covered a lot of kms on your trip. What a fun challenge. Enjoy.

Jenny said...

7000 km in three weeks, wow you really were travelling! Looking forward to reading more about it, the painted silo looks amazing.

kiwikid said...

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, you covered a lot of miles. Your Fairy Godmother looks like fun. Love the silos.

Vireya said...

Glad you didn't get caught up in any anti-Victorian quarantine on your travels!

The fairy godmother project looks like fun.

jacaranda said...

Looking forward to following your road trip, we are off to Darwin towards the end of the year.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I love the paper panache mystery blocks!

Cheryll said...

That's a fantastic challenge...
GOOD luck with it too... xox

Terry said...

Those silos are amazing! Have fun with your quilt challenge! :0)

Janice said...

Your trip sounds like it was wonderful. There are certainly some beautiful silos around the place. Your latest challenge sounds like it will be a bit of fun. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

jude's page said...

Looks like you had a great trip, and I love the Fairy Godmother challenge, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Chookyblue...... said...

trip sounds amazing......
goodluck with all the fine paper piecing.....

dq said...

Amazing Amazing post!!! The silo art - stunning! Fairy Quilt Godmother. I might have to do one! Super Super fun!!! I will be checking out the link!