Saturday 8 January 2022

What have I been doing - zoom - BH mystery - seafood

 Well New Years started out great with a clean up of my sewing room and then a day on zoom with Chooky and other beautiful bloggers. It is so good we can all get together this way, in the safety of our own homes, happily sewing & talking away. Some are productive, others just need a chat.

Denice has a great post about it here

Chooky’s is here. Chooky also has all the links to the blogs for the people who have also joined in zoom time. Check out her side bar.

I am doing this years Bonnie Hunter mystery and am not a fan of flying geese. Having everyone chatting with me made my day sew much better. 

I got all the clues cut out..


All the geese sewn & trimmed. There were sew many. I am glad they are done.


I did stop for a while and cook a delicious tea for hubby and myself.
Oysters, chillie & garlic prawns with some wine.





15 comments:

Maria said...

Was a great catch up and you did get a lot of Bonnie’s mystery flying geese done.

loulee said...

Love your fabrics for Bonnie's mystery.
Was good to see you in Zoom.

Vireya said...

Nice to know someone else who is doing the mystery!

I've been wondering where those flying geese go in this quilt. Maybe in a border? It's a mystery!

Chookyblue...... said...

you did great getting all those flying geese done.......glad we were a great distraction.......just made your time fly quicker......
AND dinner looked great....well the prawn part......

kiwikid said...

Your dinner looked wonderful Jo.
You were very productive during the zoom, we are so lucky Chooky organises the zoom aren't we!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Was so good to have a catch up to start the New Year...your flying geese look great, well worth the ugh! of tackling them...

jude's page said...

I'm with Chooky, dinner looked yum, well the prawn part!! Did think about doing Bonnie's mystery, one day I will, although her bits a rather small aren't they? But looks great when it's all done and uses a lot of fabric. Good to "see" you on Zoom.

Mari said...

What would we do without Zoom these days? Good luck with Bonnie's mystery. Your pieces look great so far.

Karen's Korner said...

Great progress made while zooming.

Janice said...

It was nice to see you briefly in Zoom. You did sew well and dinner looks yummy - both oysters and prawns.

cityquilter grace said...

good to see you on zoom jo...and yumm seafood looks delish...

Sharm said...

Wow you got quite a bit done ..... love prawns! I've mucked around with my blog settings and hoping now that my comments are going to peoples emails??

dq said...

The colors you chose for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery are a delight!

The sea food looks good. We don't eat much of it here as inlanders.

BizarreQuilter said...

you are so organised. how wonderful to get sewcial <3

Linda said...

All so organised! You must have a lot of patience to make all those units. I love reading about Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts but know I wouldn’t want to make one! Your seafood platter looks very professional!