Sunday 30 January 2022

It’s the end of January. Where has the month gone.

 This month has been hot. The car temperature got to 50 deg Celsius. Did I say it’s been hot. I really haven’t been in the mood for sewing, crafting, blogging or anything really. I’m not sure what is going on with blogger but I now find I cannot comment on half the blogs I follow. I go from one to the next comment then the next one won’t allow me to. So please know I am reading them but cannot leave a comment. Work has been extremely busy. So thank you Chooky for the chance to have a few short zooms.

While on Zoom I also started knitting another teabag scarf. Photos on another post to come. But for sewing I made another zippered placemat. It went together very quickly. I have started another one for a demonstration/tutorial I am doing at quilt group. 

I am using all the scraps from left over from a mystery quilt I made.


Having fun sewing them altogether.


Zip step 1

Zip step 2


The zip is in

The top is all together


I’m ready for quilting

My red table scraps don’t meet the criteria with the snowmen but they are red.

Sewing along with Angela and my red scraps 

And yes, you were right Deana. This new placemat will be a gift for a friends birthday soon as she really loved mine when I showed her. She also goes on a lot of picnics so it will be used a lot.

I have had the grandsons for overnight where we had pancakes and icecream for breakfast. Their dad thought I was crazy. They boys loved it. We have also celebrated the youngest grandsons 11th birthday. It was fun. Sorry . No photos of that..

I idi a little sewing job for a friend and sewed some patches on his leather jacket. I said a bottle of wine would be a nice Thank you gesture. Well, he got the message and gave me 3 dozen bottles. I think I owe him a huge thank you.

Also had a great all day sew at our quilt group. I worked some more on Bonnie Hunters RT mystery. I have not got very far. I also made an accordion purse but it is not completely finished. The girls on zoom got to see where I was up to.






My daughter has been a bit sad after hearing news of a friends decline in health. Friends have started a go fund me page as they need help to make what’s left of her life a little easier. A lovely 40 year old with a loving husband and very young son has to deal with the terrible disease, Alzheimers. I had one completed charity quilt left to donate and my daughter wanted to pass it on for comfort and later on as a memory of her. My beautiful scrappy BUTTERFLIES. So tonight I sewed on the label and it’s ready to be delivered.

Please help out if you can.                  https://gofund.me/426383ff


Look at the perfect matched label.


Well I haven’t been able to find a finished photo so must get one before it gets sent of to its new home.


If you have reached the bottom of this post… Thankyou.
I have not felt like doing a post for a while so it is all in one. If you see my side bar the last 2 years I have not been up to where I normally was. Is this due to covid.

Looking forward to February 





23 comments:

CathieJ said...

All of you projects are beautiful. I do like the zippered placemat idea. I am sure that the butterfly quilt will bring much comfort to the recipient and her family. Such a sad situation.

Created by Kathi said...

Praying for your daughter's friend with Alzheimer's.... and her family too... I love your zippered placemat idea... zippers are so fun too!
We are frigid here in the eastern USA but warm is supposed to be here February... glad you decided to blog and link all the beauty in your world up at Kathy's so we could enjoy it!
Kathi

Quilter Kathy said...

Love those Christmas themed fabrics in your placemat!
The butterfly quilt is the perfect gift for this friend! Wonderful to see your projects!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for a great catch-up post, Jo! You might not have felt so in the mood for quilting and crafting, but it looks like you got a LOT done this month. Thanks for sharing your latest Zippered Placemat with the January 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge Link Party! Colors and themes are NOT required for participation. SEW sweet of you to pass your beautiful Butterfly quilt along to your daughter's friend! It will surely bring some cheer.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Awesome sewing projects to work on. Love all
your place mats. Have a great day!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects, I love your butterfly label.

Vireya said...

You are not the only one affected that way by covid. There seems to be a lot less blogging happening these days all round, although blogger making things more difficult doesn't help with that.

I love those Christmas fabrics.

Pancakes with ice-cream sounds like a good breakfast to me!

Kim said...

Your beautiful butterfly quilt will be a precious gift to the lady♡ As for your zipper placemat, such a fabulous idea to store cutlery, when on a picnic.

loulee said...

A great gossipy, newsy post. You have so many projects happening, I'm not sure how you keep up.
Your daughters friend and her family are sure to love the butterfly quilt.
I think COVID has affected us all in one way or another. (((HUGS)))

jude's page said...

Lots of great projects there Jo, love the zippered placemats, great idea. Perhaps covid could be the blame, or perhaps you are busier?? Or dare I say it, getting older?

Maria said...

I don’t seem to be very motived lately either but you did get a lot done in spite of it …
Sad to read of your daughters friend and the Butterfly Quilt will be appreciated…

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely newsy post. A special quilt for a special lady.....a beautiful gift and gesture. My thoughts are with her, her family and your daughter.

Jenny said...

So sad about your daughters friend, a terrible disease, especially in one so young. I'm sure your beautiful butterflies will give her much comfort.
As for all those bottles, looks like you will be sewing for ages, 3 dozen bottles indeed!

Janet O. said...

So many good things going on here--especially the butterfly quilt for your daughter's friend. I could see why that situation has her feeling sad. That is a tough situation. The butterfly quilt is a beauty, and seems the perfect fit.

Linda said...

31st January here and I agree with you, where has the first month of 2022 gone? Our daughter’s birthday today so we’re taking her out to lunch. You have done lots of sewing despite those ridiculously high summer temperatures. The butterfly quilt is beautiful and I hope your daughter’s friend finds it a comfort. What a dreadful thing to happen to someone so young. Take care, Jo.

Dorian said...

Hi Jo, those placemats are really neat, what a great idea! And I love your butterflies, prayers for the family, that is so sad. I hope you find some energy soon and can start enjoying things again.

Mari said...

I think the pandemic and all the restrictions had made us all very tired. You'll get some sewing momentum back soon enough. It's very sweet for you to give away your beautiful butterfly quilt. I'm sure it will be treasured. Try to stay cool while we try to stay warm!

Sharm said...

Busy as usual with lots of sewing going on .......... Blogger def has far more issues and problems than it did years ago!! Lovely job on the zipper mats. If we can get a reprieve from the storms, I might be able to keep the internet working a bit more and stay on top of blogland lol

kiwikid said...

You are making wonderful things Jo. The picnic placement is lovely. Blogger is not helping bloggers, still do not understand why changes have to be made to something that works well. Sorry to hear of your daughters friend Jo, she will love the butterfly quilt.

cityquilter grace said...

you are a busy bee...such pretty butterflies for such a worthy cause...and oh those christmas scraps!

Susan said...

Oh Jo - how sad for your daughter, her friend, and the family - I'm sure the butterfly quilt will be much treasured.

I was wondering why you needed a zipper in a placemat - but reading on I get it now - how clever.

Christine M said...

I always think of you when I'm watching the weather and they show Mildura. I can understand why you don't feel up to doing much in that heat. It was lovely catching up on zoom. I'm really enjoying Chooky's zoom days and getting to actually talk to my blogging friends rather than just typing. Sorry to hear about your daughter's friend. I'm sure the butterflies will brighten her day. xx

dq said...

I enjoyed your visual tutorial on how you make those zippered placements.
I always enjoy seeing you and hearing your voice on zoom, although you stay pretty quiet.

You have been pretty busy.