Sunday 1 September 2024

A day at a time

 Hi everyone, I just want to say a very big thank you for your support. I haven’t replied to many emails I have received but please know I thank you and appreciate every message you have sent.

Any way, a quick update. My hubby is now in the rehab ward in hospital very close to home. It makes it easier to work a few hours a day, for my sanity, and still close enough for me to visit twice a day.

I work, visit, home for a nap then back to visit. I do fit in the other necessities like work, shopping, washing and eating. 

So here is Tony saying hi. Feeling a bit tired, sick of being in bed and not eating the hospital food is causing a few problems. He will get there. Now for Rehab to start…….


I am now comfortable with some sewing at the hospital. I am working on a Boro piece. I think I will use it in a back pac I need to make.


Saturday was the first time I picked up my sewing in 3 weeks. I felt comfortable and relaxed enough to pick up my hand quilting.
No. 3 CHOOKSHED challenge for August. I have done some but not as much as I had liked. Anyway. I will continue.





12 comments:

Maria said...

Best wishes Tony for your recovery.
Good you can visit twice daily and do a bit of stitching. Hugs Maria

loulee said...

Great to see that Tony is making progress. Still sending healing thoughts. You are making progress too. It may not be at your usual speed but all progress is good. Best wishes to you both.

Jenny said...

Good news about hubby's recovery, slowly but surely, one day at a time. Your slow hand stitching will keep you calm, it's great that you feel calm enough to be able to stitch this at his bedside. I'm sending cyber hugs to you both, please know you are in my thoughts.

Julie said...

Thats positive news Jo - now that he's beginning some rehab. It can be a slow road but small steps is a-okay! I have a friends hubby going through very similar at the moment. Love your boro stitching - it looks great. I am pleased to read you felt relaxed enough to pick up some handwork - I really do think it helps us relax & also process things better. Take care of YOU too Jo. xx

Lin said...

Sorry to read that your husband has been unwell Jo and good news that he is improving. My husband spent 12 days in hospital in the summer so I know what it is like - especially as I was entrusted with care of his greenhouse, eeeek! Do hope the rehab goes well and yes, who gets better on hospital food... xx

Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to take some food in to him? He might like that.
Hugs

liferecipes said...

What a difficult time in your life! Seven years ago, our youngest son had a very traumatic head injury that he miraculously survived. He was in a SICU unit for over seven weeks. I visited almost every day but went home exhausted enough to nap for two to three hours due to my own health issues. I knew God had saved our son and felt such gratitude for this. I felt such joy in spite of the seriousness of the current events. The doctors were guarded in their diagnosis but I felt optimistic. Why would God save him with several miracles to leave our son with a damaged brain? I was right! Our son came home only needing time to learn to stick his tongue out straight rather than to the side. Miracles do happen all the time! Keep praying! Donna

Ondrea said...

Good news that rehab has begun. I know what it is like to spend most of your time in hospital with a loved one as I have done it many times . Try to take care of yourself. It can be emotionally , mentally and physically exhausting. Such a difficult time but it is great that hubby is on the mend.

Karen S said...

Great to know your hubby is on the mend. All progress is good.
Also good to know you can relax enough to be able to stitch again.

Janice said...

It’s good news that Tony is ready to start rehab and that you are feeling able to do a little stitching. We hope he makes some steady progress. Sending hugs to you both.

Karen's Korner said...

Best wishes to Tony for his recovery and remember to take care of yourself....easy to say I know but most important.

Susan said...

Good to see that Tony is progressing and that you are getting more relaxed/less stressed. Hang in there - hugs to you both.