Sunday 20 October 2024

Bag making

 I have been so busy settling Tony in and trying to get into a routine. We are not sleeping well at night so having a few naps during the day. Today was the first day we didn’t have to go to an appointment and no one was visiting.. I haven't sewn on the machine in about 10 weeks. So today was the day I decided to make a bag. I need a backpack for an upcoming trip so I have been searching YouTube. I found some amazing tutorials.

I only need a backpack that packs away small, fits a change of clothes or holds some shopping.

I cannot get out to shop for any extra items so I used what was on hand. 


I had some small wooden rings. They were used instead of square buckles. I found this beautiful piece of striped linen. A great weight so I didn’t need to line it with anything. I didn’t want it padded or quilted.
It can be used as a bag or backpack.


It’s a great size, lightweight and I am so happy with it.


Have a look at this tutorial if you want to give it a go. It didn’t take long to make either.


https://youtu.be/FoTfxQzEzLc?si=FCz-VkWt4mNPqVHc

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Your new bag looks great. It's always satisfying to use up what you have tucked away.

Maria said...

Great useful bag/backpack you made with what was on hand.

Lin said...

Looks like a useful bag and if it is perfect for you then that is great! xx

loulee said...

Good looking bag. That should do the trick.