Monday 8 July 2019

HOG Bike quilt plan for a DONATION

My hubby's bike group was having their AGM.
e wanted me to make a quilt for him to donate.
WHY NOT!!!! I make them for everyone else and give them away.
The only thing was that the AGM was 2 weeks away. So I did a lot sf searching ideas, the fabric boxes and came up with a start. Not a full plan but I knew something would work.
I started drawing, cutting, measuring and hoping for the best.
He started cooking, cleaning and shopping. We work well together.

 Here is my idea so far.



I have cut up my hubbies t-shirt for the emblems of his group.
Ironed on the applique design but still needs stitching.



Now for some borders.



Well I kept playing, cutting and sewing.
Here is what I have done so far.



Making things fit and working it out as I go.

9 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! It’s amazing! You are so clever! I’m sure he’s very pleased! Here’s hoping it brings in how much it’s truly worth!

Pamela Arbour said...

It's looking good! Two weeks is not much notice but it looks like you are going to pull it off. I am sure it will draw a lot of attention and hopefully donations. You have managed to make something unique. Congratulations.

Vireya said...

It looks fantastic, Jo! Good luck with getting it finished, and for it being a very successful donation.

marina said...

You’re amazing Jo!
Coming together beautifully!

Crystal_235 said...

Looking good!

elliek said...

Looks amazing Jo. well done.

Maria said...

Fantastic Jo. You design some great quilts....

Linda said...

You are very clever! Funnily enough I only came across the Harley Davidson connection and HOG a few days ago and now it’s in your quilt! How strange are these coincidences. Good for Tony that he can juggle the shopping etc whilst you sew up a super quilt!

dq said...

That bike applique' looks amazing! This will be a fantastic quilt for someone to enjoy!