Saturday 13 July 2019

Loose change counted for Vals piggy bank challenge

Last year I linked up with Val for her PIGGY BANK challenge. Collect your change and see what you get in a year. It adds up more than you think.
We have only been putting in change when we remember. Not very often but it still adds up.
My hubby enjoyed sitting down to count it.
Total of $71.10.   Not bad at all.


I have also decided to spend it on those small scissors with a cap. I'll buy about 10-15 of them. Then I'll join the caps to the scissors, so they don't get lost, with a bead string.
Hopefully I can then sell some at our quilt show in September.



See what others will do with their change over at Vals.

8 comments:

Vireya said...

$70 is a nice little windfall!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful amount of change Jo, that is a great idea with the scissors.

Linda said...

Good total, Jo. You have reminded me that I need to count the change in my jar. Like you, I have been very hit and miss about putting coins in and it’s not a big jar. But we’ll see.

KaHolly said...

Sounds like a good plan for spending from the money jar! Up here, coins accumulate quickly because they use coins for one dollar and two dollars.

Maria said...

Nice collection of loose change... good luck selling the little scissors with the cute fobs...

elliek said...

Good job on the scissor selling... always nice to have an unexpected windfall (even if you have been saving it.)

dq said...

What a great idea. They will be so pretty.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love your generous idea. Thanks for joining the challenge Jo. :)