Tuesday 6 August 2019

Bookcase Book Block swap.

Over at Quilting Around the World I have joined in on a block swap.
It's blocks to make a bookcase quilt.
I have wanted to make one of these for a few years so why not join in... We all had to make 6 blocks and send 5 to the coordinator. One member offered to be my mailing friend to help me out.
Candis - Quiltbaby is in the US and has helped me get the blocks to where they needed to be.
These blocks were to finish at 10 1/2". We could add as many books as we wanted, in any way as well. Standing, laying flat or on an angle. I had fun.

Assembling the books.




here is the finished block.
It looks so cool.

This group has ongoing chat forums, numerous swaps, mystery sew alongs, block swaps and a great support system. Many join in sew go over and have a read.

QUILTING AROUND THE WORLD

7 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

A bookcase quilt is on my someday list.

Jenny said...

Block swaps are always fun to take part in. With blocks like these you can certainly personalise them to showcase your favourite books and authors.

KaHolly said...

Such fun! I’ve always admired bookcase quilts!

jacaranda said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt top.

PaulaB quilts said...

The swap is a great way to get lots of different fabrics for all the books, probably more than you have in your stash. Have fun with it.!

kiwikid said...

Love the block Jo, might make a bookcase quilt one day myself.

Linda said...

Good idea. I’ve seen some quilts like this on the Internet and they always look very interesting. Just right for a Book Worm.