Wednesday 28 August 2019

My big trip and dinner with FAMILY


I have set off on a holiday and first stop on the way is from Mildura to Melbourne to spend a night with my daughter and her family. A work friend came with me for a break and my great friend Christine drove over to meet me for dinner.
Here we all are out for dinner at my daughters local club where they love the food eatery week.
It was great to see them all and give them a big hug as we don't see them often with me having moved away from the area.


Now on the plane for our trip to Perth



Here is the start of a long awaited trip.
A tick off the bucket list.

I have been away for 5 weeks starting with a relaxing week in Mandurah with my hubby, brother & a work friend. Then hopped on the back of my hubbies motor bike and rode with my brother up the west coast of Western Australia and over to Darwin. We stayed with another brother in Darwin for 5 days. I came home very tired.
Hubby and my brother rode to Perth, up the West Coast, over to Townsville and down the East coast of Australia down Queensland and NSW them home. About 14,000 kms. My part on the bike was about 5,000 kms. 
We met up with Maria from LIFE ON THE BLOCK , saw lots of great places, did lots of things, camped by the side of the road in tents, in caravan parks, stayed in cabins, booked motels, stayed in a resort and expensive apartments. 
We had a blast. I loved all the different aspects.
We didn't have much internet and when I tried to comment on some blogs and send emails but they don't seem to have posted. 

I am going to break up my trip in between sewing posts. This will give me time to settle back into home. Get some sewing done before I start back at work and catch up on some blog reading.

4 comments:

Vireya said...

What a fantastic trip, all the way around the country! I will look forward to seeing your photos as you gradually post them.

jacaranda said...

Your trip would’ve been great, look forward to seeing your posts on all the places and scenery you visited.

Maria said...

nice to see you are home safe and I really enjoyed meeting you, your hubby and brother...
look forward to seeing your pics..
we'er sitting in Bunbury as I write this and it;s pouring....

kiwikid said...

Fantastic trip Jo, that is a very long way to travel on a bike!! Looking forward to reading all about it.