Tuesday 21 December 2021

Merry Christmas to all.

 I have had a bit of trouble keeping up posting lately and reading blogs as well as commenting. Please know I have read you posts but it is a busy time for all and I have fallen behind.

Anyway.

My Xmas gathering with my quilt group was amazing.

Look at the display we put together.

Here we are all set and everyone enjoying themselves. We had 30 ladies enjoy the night.




Here are the challenge entries.

Look at the display we set up. We knew there wasn’t going to be too many entries so we came up with this display.


And the winners are. Weren’t they great 

And our Kris Kringle swap went well. This is what my gift was. Look at the lovely machine embroidery.


Plenty of room to store my needles


We all enjoyed the lovely gift my friend, Maxine, and I put together through the year.
Remember these…..
The beautiful knitted beaded scissor keep we have been knitting all year long.
Thanks Maxine.



We also had fantastic help from Colleen making the special baskets for them to be displayed and presented in as a place setting.


Thanks Colleen. 

I am looking forward to the end of the year. I have celebrated Xmas with my daughter and grandsons already and I will spend Xmas with my brothers. There might be another post before the end of the year.

Everyone please have a very happy and safe festive season and a merry Christmas to all.



15 comments:

Denice Barker said...

How nice for you to be able to gather with your quilty friends. I can't remember a gathering anymore! The gifts you provided everyone are lovely and I am sure much appreciated.

Denice Barker said...

p.s. Merry Christmas!

Maria said...

Pleased you had a great Christmas party with your group .
Great display and lovely gifts for all.

Happy Christmas 🤶 and All the Best Wishes for 2022.🎉

Jenny said...

Looks lime a wonderful time was had by all! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Janice said...

What a fun evening. I love the portraits. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Here’s looking forward to a great 2022.

Vireya said...

The Fairy Godmothers all look terrific - well done to everyone who finished theirs.

Happy Christmas and New Year to you and your family!

Dorian said...

I'm glad you had a fun get together with the guild Jo. You take care and have a very Merry Christmas.

Mari said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Jo! Stay safe and healthy, and happy new year, too!

Susan said...

Sounds like a great gathering - those faces!!! what fun
Merry Christmas - Happy festive season - and let's hope 2022 is a bit less stressful!

kiwikid said...

So good you got together with the quilty ladies, looks like a great gathering. Love your display, great challenge results, they all look wonderful.
Have a great time with your brothers and have a very happy Christmas Jo. All the best for the coming year.

Terry said...

Merry Christmas! :0)

jude's page said...

Merry Christmas to you Jo, and I love the challenge entries and those gift boxes look amazing. I'm with you also struggling to keep up with blog reading and comments.

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm a million years behind...... How lovely that your quilt group could meet.....

BizarreQuilter said...

Oh how special! It's the old story! Time to sew or time to blog? I am having a big catch up on blogging, it doesn't have all the depth of the stories, but I am sharing the sewing!

Happy New Year lovely xx

dq said...

OH my goodness!! I had forgotten about your "lady faces" quilt project! I love it so so so much!! Wasn't it a mystery sort of? I am trying to remember. I guess I will have to go back over your posts.

The hangers you sent are making my sweaters so happy in my closet.