Saturday 13 March 2021

Oh WOW it’s March and I need to do a big update.......

 I have done so much since my last post. Sewing, going away, celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, going on a quilting retreat. Oh I have been busy. I have done some sewing, completed a quilt, joined a panel swap. WOW, where to start.

Maybe I will start at the first Friday in March...

https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/2021/03/a-bit-of-this.html 


Well I was away with 22 women on a fantastic sewing retreat. The first one in over a year due to COVID..
Look at the view of Tranquil Waters at Lake Cullulleraine 45 minutes from Mildura.

We were well looked after. No cooking or cleaning was needed. 
We enjoyed Chicken mingions, roast beef & pork, stuffed baked potatoes, chicken kebabs & rice, home made pizzas, lasagne, cooked bacon,eggs,mushrooms &beans for breakfast. Of course we had desserts... cheesecake, pavlova, fruit salad, cream, ice cream, fresh fruit and cream. We didn’t need to worry about going hungry. This is a new owner just before COVID hit. It is the local caravan park that people take their boats out, camp, swim and relax. The new owners have started a cafe so you can get coffee, take away meals from 12-8pm. They have space for birthday parties. Actually, while we were there, a one year old party was happening with 110 people. They even bought some cake over to us to enjoy. Luckily it was my birthday so I got to celebrate with cake. Now for some sewing.
I saw this picture on Pinterest and wanted to give it a go..

I liked the idea of scraps in Red, White & Blue.
So I started here. These blocks were cutout earlier with my new go cutter...

Making progress.


Keeping in mind this was the first night of the retreat. I worked all day, hubby took me out, I unpacked, got fed, started sewing


And I got all the blocks made.
Next morning I got the top joined together. It’s taken home to work out if I want it bigger or do I just want borders added.


The Friday night was my anniversary too. Hubby was understanding as we are going away for a few days next week. That will be the next post...
Now, on to more sewing...
I made some growth on my scrap blocks. These strips were given to me and I couldn’t let them go to waste. They were cut into 1 1/2” strips. I got these done on the Saturday- 10 blocks

Then on the Sunday I continued and got a few more done.


Add these to the ones I have at home. Here they are now. I still need a few more...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. What better way to celebrate than with like minded friends, sewing away and not having to cook. Of course I had a drink too.

Now on to Monday. INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY.


This was our sewing room set up. With our eating tables in the centre. 
Sharing the space with women I didn’t know, sharing ideas and making friends.
What was I working on.
Of course it had to be my INTERNATIONAL SISTERS blocks. And the fabrics I chose to sew with were sent to me from Preeti. Preeti drafted her own pattern from a block she saw and the quilting world has gone crazy.. https://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/2019/05/international-sister-block.html 

I mad a little error on some of the hands but they are still ok as everyone is different. The hands were sewn to the sleeve fabric instead of the background fabric. They are now just shorter arms. It is ok...
Happy INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S, SISTER’S, BIRTHDAY & ANNIVERSARY DAY TO ALL..
I came home after a great weekend. Unpacked the car, repacked the car and the following morning went away for a few days to the Barossa Valley South Australia with my hubby to celebrate our Anniversary.







6 comments:

jude's page said...

You certainly achieved a lot for your retreat, great that life seems to be happening again, we live in a blessed country. Love your ladies blocks, and lovely to be on another trip. I have 2 children in the Barossa. Congrats on the birthday and the anniversary, may there be many more.

kiwikid said...

Hapoy bleated birthday and happy anniversary!!🍾🍹🍺🥂 You certainly sewed up a storm at your retreat. Love the Sisters blocks, the red, white and blue blocks and your scrap blocks. The retreat set up looks great.

Vireya said...

Happy birthday, happy anniversary, and what a great weekend retreat you had!

Janet O. said...

Happy everything!! Looks like you have had some great times.
Your retreat location looks wonderfully soothing. I look forward to having a retreat again. It has been 14 months since my last one.
You got a new Go Cutter? I just got one this week! You certainly made great progress, with all the cutting already finished.
I don't know the name of those scrap blocks, but they look so fun!
Perfect quilt to be working on during International Women's Day.

Linda said...

Belated Happy Birthday and belated Happy Anniversary! Lots of lovely sewing, your retreat sounded great. Love your lake photos.

Andrea said...

Fantastic post! Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventures. Loving the quilts you worked on - that scrap one certainly looks very interesting and I'm keen to see how it turns out. Happy Birthday and Anniversary!