Friday 19 March 2021

Shopping spree.....

 While we travelled to the Barossa we made a few stops at quilt shops. My purse is feeling the hit but I came away with a few good things. 

Here are some.....

I am going to make another motorbike quilt for my hubbies groups AGM. He wanted something different to the last two I have done. So when he saw this panel that was it.


Then there were so many for me to choose for a special swap project I have going on. I ended up choosing something very Australian. Now that I am home I have to pull other fabrics and choose a design.
So the fun begins....

I have decided on a design and the fabrics. Now I just have to make it work...

Now for some of our time away.
We stopped at this great lookout. It has such a wonderful view.


It was an amazing view. We saw so many beautiful places. So many to post about.

We arrived at our accommodation in Lyndoch and enjoyed happy hour...


We were to get a nice cheese platter and some lovely wine. Mmmmm not much of a platter... anyway...


We had a bit of a drive and found MAGGIE BEER’S restaurant. The funny thing that day was we had just been watching her on tv with the tv show... The Cook & the Chef.


This is where they filmed the tv show.


The shop seemed a little over priced but it was good for a visit. You can book into some cooking classes too.  There were some turtles in the lake and lovely fruit trees in the garden 


Our last night in the Barossa, after visiting a few too many wineries we decided to stay close to our accommodation and support the locals. So for dinner we went to the local pub for a pizza and join in on the trivia night....

We came away with a few bottles of wine we had won. Yes, surprise, we won a round and a word competition. So we beat the locals. Very good night....

Well our stay was over and we were on our way home. We stopped for lunch at Renmark..
Look what we saw on the river. A houseboat. If you could tell. It was the most amazing thing. I’m not sure how it still was floating.

It had a bath tub, garden, large fridge & stove. It was a junk yard on water but I’m sure somewhere in there someone lived. You could Moore here for up to 76 hours in any 14 days.



It was fascinating to see... After lunch we drove home and had to unpack, do the washing and groceries. Back to reality and to plan the next trip.

I’m off to see what else was worked on over at the link up at Wendy’s.


16 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun trip! Enjoy your new fabrics!

Jenny said...

My goodness, what a lot to see on your trip, plus visiting quilt shops too. That boat sure looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing your new bike quilt.

Vireya said...

Looks like a fun trip all round.

As I was scrolling down, before I read your words, I thought, "I know that kitchen!"

Cheryll said...

Ohhh WOW... that boat actually floats?... amazing...
I've visited Maggies kitchen too & found it worthwhile to stop there...
And some wonderful fabric purchases in there too...xox

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've had such a fun trip. I just love Maggie Beer. We visited her farm/shop/cafe when we were in SA a couple of years ago. Did you have a little sample of the verjuice?

jude's page said...

Always good to spend time in the Barossa and it's a great view from Menglers Hill isn't it? Glad you told me it was a houseboat! It looked more like a rubbish pile at first glance!!

jacaranda said...

Looks like a great time away, not far from your place.

Linda said...

Loved your post today, Jo. The houseboat looked amazing. Reminded me of the House Trucks that we’re so common in NZ when we first started visiting in 1999. Not as many now. I even knew 2 lots of people who lived in a House Truck and had tea and cake in one. Ah, memories!

Denice Barker said...

What a nice trip you had. I wait for the days we can get back to going on a bit of a trip. Some are taking the dare but not us yet. Sigh.

Maria said...

Great bike panel and Aussie fabrics...
You sure covered a lot on your trip...
Yep the house boat sure looks like a floating junk yard !

Karen's Korner said...

Food, wine, sightseeing and shopping - all the ingredients for a fun trip. That houseboat is something else.

Helen said...

Looks like lots of fun on your trip! Enjoy your new fabrics

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice trip, love the part with the boat, it is in deed amazing it still floats.

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased that you got away and looks like a lovely time.......

Janet O. said...

Those panels are amazing!
Looks like you had a great get-away.
That is some houseboat--or maybe house heap. Crazy!!

dq said...

Oh, look at that houseboat - one of a kind for certain but so worth sharing with us!
I love the kitchen they film the show in. It must have been fun to get your photo taken there.
Kangaroo fabric is a delight. I will be watching to see what you do with it.