Wednesday 31 March 2021

QATW and POSTCARD SWAP .....

 I joined in with QATW and signed up for a postcard swap. I made 5 postcards and sent them over the seas to the USA and a local one to Brisbane. It was fun to make them.

I only took a photo part way through while I was making them and not when they were completed. Hopefully I can get a photo when they arrive at their new home. These are the ones I made. I decided not to post the selvedge edge one. That’s still sitting here for the next swap.

I decided to stamp a postcard symbol on the calico and attach to the back of the card. A special message from Australia...

I did a fancy pattern around the edge..


When I got back from my special little holiday I had these waiting for me...
I must have known not to send the selvedge one as someone else was making them too. And I received this one from.  Robin - RsIslandCrafts - Florida
Robin made hers with card stock on the back with a little message .


Then I got this one from Sheila... in Colorado.
Sheila left the back empty so I can write a message and send it on to someone else. How cute.


The last one I received was from LaDawn in Texas.
How sweet are these hearts. I think they were made around Valentine’s Day. The backing was made with calico and was posted as a normal postcard. It was stamped and arrived as normal. The postmark was dated 22 Feb 2021. It was here by 12 March 2021. Not long at all.





This just turned up from Laura..




I do know that Tracey has received mine in Brisbane Qld 

but the others have not received them in the USA.  Mine were posted on the 16 February 2021. How long will they take...

Candis has received this one I made for her. I added these cute felt Easter shapes.

This was a cute owl bow tie block I had left over from my quilt. There are lots of gold beads sewn on too.
This is the one Laura received.

This one was sent to Tracey. Do you like the eye I added..


Then here is the one that Veronica received










10 comments:

Jenny said...

Very pretty, so nice to get these fun postcards in the mail. Wonder what the postie thinks when they are delivering them?

Janet O. said...

Very cute. And such fun to receive. I did one postcard swap many, many years ago. Can't even recall what I made--but probably nothing as cute as these. LOL

kiwikid said...

Wonderful postcards sent and received Jo. Great stamping on the back of yours, the US ones arrived quickly.

jacaranda said...

They are all lovely. I have a box of fabric postcards from across the world when I participated in a swap for a couple of years. They are lovely to look at with fond memories.

Mari said...

All very cute! I love you got in the mail, too. Our mail in the US has been a mess, so it could be a while yet before your postcards get to their destinations.

Karen's Korner said...

Both sent and received are so cute.

Vireya said...

Fun collection of postcards! International postage seems quite unreliable at the moment. Hopefully everything will get where it is going eventually.

Maria said...

That was a real fun swap to be in... Love all the postcards sent and received.

Linda said...

All lovely. Particularly like the Easter one.

dq said...

You are the swap queen, Jo. The best part is the stamped Australia on the backs. It was perfect!