Wednesday 28 April 2021

My panel quilt swap with Candis USA

 The way this swap work to help with postage costs and time. We both bought a panel for the other person and continued to work on it without the person knowing what we bought. It was to be a total surprise.

The only rules were ... put to 3 borders and none of which are to be larger than 8” wide.

Well on my recent trip I bought the panel I wanted to use and some fabrics



Pulled some extra fabrics

I started cutting and sewing squares together

And had a play with some delectable mountain blocks.

Got this all sewn up and then it was on to the borders.

Had a play with the corners

And finished up with this.


I am so happy with the results




I posted if on to the USA and it has been received.
This was the message I got.

JO!!!!!it's here! It's here!   I got home and there it was.    You did a wonderful, thoughtful job in this.    CRIKEY!!it's beautiful. I love the Roos !!!!  Tammie fell in love with it also. Thank you for your time and imagination you took to make this for me. I will always think of you niw when we use this.  It's big too!  A perfect throw size for more than one to use.   Great beautiful job JO!   Thank you thank you!!!! Love it so much.


14 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think Candis' response says it all. Very clever, and well executed!

Mari said...

What a great project! It turned out so well, and I'm so glad that your partner loved it. It's easy to see why!

KaHolly said...

Gives me goosebumps! Very nice, indeed!

Denice Barker said...

It really is a beautiful representation of the panel! Well done!

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow you did a great job on the panel.....

Jenny said...

Wonderful! Working with panels can take a bit of thought, but you certainly came up with a winning idea.

Terry said...

It's beautiful! I love how you added the patchwork to the panel. I can see why she loved it so much! :0)

Cheryll said...

It's awesome... well done...xox

jude's page said...

Wow Jo, love what you did, and your border choice is perfect

Maria said...

That panel became an amazing quilt Jo... well done...

kiwikid said...

You have made a beautiful quilt from the panel and fabrics Jo, stunning.

Christine M said...

What a great way to use a panel. Looks fabulous, Jo.

Vireya said...

Well done! Beautiful result for your lucky swap recipient.

Janice said...

No wonder Candis loved it. You really have done a fantastic job of enhancing the panel with your borders. I like your idea of just swapping a flimsy. Very practical.