Sunday 18 July 2021

COVID-19 in MILDURA…….FNSI, SCRAP HAPPY SATURDAY & SLOW STITCHING SUNDAY and a little UGLY fabric I sent

 UPDATED….

MILDURA has now got its first case of COVID in 15 months. All because of some idiots & the crowds at an AFL football game at the MCG in Melbourne. People don’t think this is serious. We have to sit and wait how this will spread. As for me I am just going to work and keeping my mask on, using lots of sanitiser and keeping away from everyone. I’m fortunate that the supermarket is next door to where I work. I don’t have to go into town at the moment..

I’ll be keeping safe and to myself.. UPDATES WILL FOLLOW.




I am catching up on a few posts at the same time here… 

How I spent my Friday night for FNSI & Saturday playing with scraps. Sorting my scraps into strips & crumbs, cutting 2.5” squares and preparing Fishy School blocks for my leader and Enders project. There are lots of blue scraps here hidden in the piles of mess.


FNSI

SCRAP HAPPY SATURDAY

BONNIE HUNTER - QUILTVILLE - Leader and Enders.

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2021/07/july-2021-leader-ender-challenge-fish.html

And just to show I still do a little bit of slow stitching. Here I was last week finishing the binding on my ugly fabric quilt

SLOW STITCHING SUNDAY

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


UGLY FABRIC SWAP.. the other way

The swap I have been involved in has been great. You have seen the quilt I made with my UGLY fabric in the last post. Here is what I sent to my partner and what she did with it.

Amazing…….


And the finished quilt



Our rules were. 
To use the fabric in the centre of the quilt and not just the border. It had to measure a minimum of 36” * 45”
 


22 comments:

Vireya said...

Wow, that "ugly" quilt is amazing! I love the lacy effect the quilter has achieved.

Maria said...

You did pack a lot into this post…..
WOW! Surprising how good your UGLY fabric turned into a quilt. 👍

loulee said...

Wow, doesn't look like the same fabric when you see what she did with it.

Linda said...

I didn’t think either of your “ugly” fabrics were ugly, but the resulting quilts are both great. Take care on the Covid front. Cases are rocketing up here in the UK, including people who have had their two vaccines. All very worrying.

Deb A said...

Wow! both quilts are great but I also did not think the original fabrics were ugly at all! Sorry to hear of the 1st case. The numbers are climbing in my area - mostly to people who refuse to get vaccinated. Stay safe and keep stitching.

Mari said...

I'll agree that neither of the fabrics were particularly ugly, but both of you really transformed them. The fussy cutting really made your friend's quilt. So sorry about the Covid case. Our state is 65% vaccinated, and the only cases (and deaths) are those who refuse to get a vaccine. Hope you don't have any spread of the virus.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great work station you have... lots of creativity going on there!
That ugly challenge quilt is amazing... the fussy cutting and the design is incredible!
Great job on finishing another quilt!

CathieJ said...

Wow, what your partner did with that fabric is amazing. I love seeing a peek into other peoples sewing areas. Mine is in my basement and certainly not as extensive as yours. I am so sorry that COVID has shown up again in your area. Cases are rising near me also, but not as badly as in other parts of the USA. Hubby and I are vaccinated, but we wear our masks in stores anyway. Stay safe. Enjoy your stitching.

Karen's Korner said...

What an amazing job your partner did with her fabric. I had to go back and have and second and third look at the original piece.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing your UGLY fabric swap, as the one going the other way is pretty incredible! Sorry to hear about the covid outbreak. Stay safe!

Jenny said...

Your swap partner made very clever use of your ugly fabric! Such shame that your area now has a Covid case, do hope it doesn't spread too far into your community. You are right to do the best you can to keep yourself and your family safe. Are vaccines available in your area yet?

Karrin Hurd said...

Hope the COVID case doesn't spread all over, and that you stay safe. Your partner made a beautiful quilt out of ugly fabric!

Cheryll said...

Fantastic use of "ugly" fabric in both quilts... well done.
Yes Covid rears it's disruptive head once again... :(
Stay safe... xox

Janice said...

Aren’t we lucky to have a hobby that means we are quite happy to stay at home when needed. Fingers crossed this is an isolated case. We are on edge here as a COVID positive person had his dinner at a local servo 4 times last week. Onto stitching….it looks like you had a lot of fun making a mess the other night. And, “amazing” is definitely the description for what your ugly fabric morphed into. Both you and your partner were very creative with the fabrics you received.

kiwikid said...

Your partner made a magic quilt with the fabric you sent. Always good to sort the scraps, I find I usually made more mess! Keep safe, I hope the spread stops in your area.

Lin said...

Lots of nice things going on there and your partner made great use oof your 'ugly' fabric. xx

Sharon Kwilter said...

Yeah, the ugly fabric project turned out amazing.

dq said...

Stay healthy. I think the masks and sanitizer work because I taught school last year and stayed healthy doing those things.

It is lovely to see you binding a quilt. It is a joy to see those finishes!

jacaranda said...

I actually like the ugly fabric you sent, you could do so much with the pattern. She has made a fabulous quilt.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Good COVID plan you have there...pretty much mirrors my own!...WOW what an amazing use of the ugly fabric you sent...stay safe...

Christine M said...

How amazing is the quilt with your ugly fabric. Definitely doesn't look ugly now.

Vicki said...

Sounds like a productive FNSI, looking forward to watching your leader and ender shoal grow.