Sunday 4 July 2021

FNWF, Chooky’s Zoom & a challenge top done.

 I have been doing a little sewing over the past week but I really got into it on Friday night and sewed along with many others in FNWF.

https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/2021/07/friday-night-with-friends.html

So here is what I was working on. My ugly fabric challenge.

I decided on a pattern to use most of my fabric with appliqué. So pattern was drawn out, ironed on to the background and then stitching began. The stitching made the shape stand out a bit better.

Look at all that I had left.

Of course, I had to make lots of 6.5” crumb squares for the background. They went on for a while.

This continued into Saturday where I went to an all day sit n sew with my quilt group. Only 5 of us turned up so it was a great little group with plenty of space.

Earlier in the week at our charity sewing night I got the girls making laundry bags for Aussie Hero Quilts and these continued on Saturday as well.



Projects worked on were a yoga mat bag, Bonnie Hunter mystery, Aussie Hero laundry bags, a fantastic quilt of houses (I can’t remember it’s name. Sorry Chris), mug rugs and my Ugly mystery.








We did have a great day. All packed up and on the way home I stopped and bought noodles for dinner. No cooking today. Unpacked the care, ate dinner, sat down again to sew and join Chooky and the gang for a ZOOM sewing night.



Using up my green scraps for the crumb crazy background blocks.

I got my Ugly quilt completed. It measures 37.5” * 64”

Can you see the pink mouse hanging from the balloon?

I was going to call it Mouse in the strawberry field but Janice said it reminded her of watermelons so now it might be MOUSE ESCAPING THE WATERMELON PATCH.

Thanks for a great day to all my sewing friends from far and near.

13 comments:

loulee said...

Great finish.
Looks like you had a full on weekend.
It was good to see you in Zoom again.

Janet O. said...

You had a very fun-filled sewing weekend!
I can absolutely see the mouse--saw it before you mentioned it. I like Janice's name suggestion.
You must have joined Chooky after I left.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I can see the mouse much better in these pics.
Great day of sewing..... So pleased you joined us in the evening on zoom.... Was lovely to catch up....

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work with the "ugly fabric". Sorry I missed you at the Zoom party yesterday. Different times of being there.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Was great to have you join in and see you at the Zoom...can see the mouse but better in these pics...watermelon really is such a perfect description of the colours, you've done a wonderful job of making that fabric not ugly any more.

Narelle said...

Your 'ugly' quilt turned into a Swan. Lovely to catch up last night.

Vireya said...

Cute mouse in your "ugly" challenge.

It is nice to see what everyone else is working on, too.

Lin said...

You made a great job of that quilt top with the 'ugly' fabric - it looks great and I love the mouse. What a lovely sociable time you have had. xx

Janice said...

It was great to catch up in the Zoom get together. The ugly fabric quilt design is very clever. You were all very clever at your stitching day.

kiwikid said...

You have had a great weekend of sewing Jo. Love your ugly challenge, like the name for the quilt too. Great to see the laundry bags production.

Raewyn said...

It was lovely to see you at the Zoom along :-) The ugly fabric challenge quilt is very cool and I love the name - well both the old and new names. You had a great weekend of sewing - it looks like you got heaps done and chatted to plenty of people!

QuiltGranma said...

that mouse is so cute!!!!!

dq said...

Sorry I missed you on the zoom party. I was only on for about an hour and had to leave.

YOur Ugly Fabric Challenge is GORGEOUS! The cut out detailed applique' will be so pretty, and I love the crazy pieced greens.

Lucky you could get together with friends to sew! Yay. Some normal is coming back!