Wednesday 14 July 2021

MOUSE ESCAPES THE WATERMELON PATCH

 Ooohhhh how exciting. Here is my finished UGLY FABRIC QUILT.

It is very different to everyone else's quilts. When I received the fabric I thought I wanted to make something for a little girl. I had an idea in my head. I searched Pinterest. I found a card cut out and took it from there. I like using up my scraps so I went with it.

It is bright and the colours remind me of a watermelon patch.

Here is a closer look at the centre.

I wanted the fabric to be the centre and highlight..

So I think I'm going to call this one THE MOUSE ESCAPING THE WATERMELON PATCH. It measures 37" * 62"

And here is where it all began. My UGLY fabric from Tracy... Cosmocat

15 comments:

Vireya said...

Very cute, and very creative!

Chookyblue...... said...

I think you did well I can't think to do things like that...... It's not an ugly fabric.....

Karen's Korner said...

Very innovative. Well done.

loulee said...

What an incredibly creative way to use up some ugly fabric.
Fantastic finish.

kiwikid said...

You are very creative Jo, it has made a beautiful quilt.

Janice said...

Very clever. It has turned well. I do like the name. I wonder what your ugly fabric was turned into?

Helen said...

Lovely, great imagination,very creative

Mari said...

With what you've done with it, that fabric doesn't look ugly at all! I love the green background blocks. Beautiful work.

jacaranda said...

This is lovely and bright, a beautiful quilt.

Susan said...

You did a great job - love the green backing you created.

Fiona said...

That is so clever....

Hugz

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh this is brilliant! I love the creativity and design... great quilt! That "ugly" fabric is really very interesting!

QuiltGranma said...

awe, such a sweet mouse!

Jindi's Cottage said...

The fabric may have started out ugly but it was turned into something really cute...

Christine M said...

A very clever use of the ugly fabric. It's amazing how someone can look at an ugly fabric and turn it into something lovely. The little mouse is very cute.