Sunday 20 March 2022

It has been a while and I have a few things to share

Thank you to all of you who have messaged concerned with my absence.
I have been flat out at work and come home mentally exhausted. So have not been in the mood for sewing or any crafting. I sit here of an evening watching rubbish on tv. At least I don’t have to concentrate. I think there has been a build up of many things which are being worked through. So this morning I felt up to doing a post. A long one too. 
Thank you all quilting friends for caring.

Are you ready. Maybe grab a cuppa first.

Work has begun on the repair of my ceiling. It only took about a month to get it started.
Anyway it has. We now have a nicely cut square in the ceiling ready to be patched.


No more hole and Watching plaster/paint dry


It has now all dried and is back to the way it should be..
Beautiful 


The local Arts Theatre was putting on a stage show ‘MAMA MIA’. We both have been to Melbourne and seen this live too. We thought how nice it would be to go out here to support the locals. It was a fun night and of course we enjoyed a bubbly together.



A few weeks ago my friends came over for a little bit of fun for my birthday. We had a cook up play around day with my new Thermomix. It was brilliant. While this was happening there was also a Chooky Zoom day. So I kept popping in for a laugh. We had a great day.


I have spent a week away on holidays catching up with friends but more importantly we finally got to see my MIL who we haven’t seen in over 2 years. She lives in a home in Paynesville so we thought we would surprise her and that we did.




We had not booked any accommodation because we did not exactly know when we would be there. When we arrived in Bairnsdale our usual motel was booked out, so was the next one. After driving for 4 hours we just wanted a room. We pulled up at this motel and there were 3 rooms let. 2 of which were at the front on the busy highway with trucks passing all night so we splurged and got this room at the back of the motel After-all it was my birthday.


When we got back home I have a few days to rest and I finally got up the enthusiasm to clean my sewing room and actually sew something. The first time in weeks. 
We have a round robin SAL happening at our group. As I have not been in the sewing mood I did not want to commit to something large so I have decided on a small kids quilt. This cute dog stitched block had been donated to me soi thought this was a great way to use it up. We are going to have about 6 rounds total and each month one will be drawn out. All I knew is that I needed to use red, black and white. 


The first month drawn out was STARS. Our round had to have something to do with stars. They could be embroidered, stitched, pieced or appliqué. 
I had in my head what I wanted to do but had to work out how. Start sewing small star points. 
Those red squares are cut at 1”. 

My border finishes at 2” wide. Scattered stars. I am happy with the way it frames the centre blog.


Our quilt group celebrated INTERNATIONAL QUILTERS DAY with all meeting in the park and having a wonderful sit’n’sew day.


 I hope you have enjoyed my catch up and I think I might actually sew another placemat today.

12 comments:

Dorian said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday Jo. Glad to see you're getting some stitching time in too. What a cute quilt that RR is going to make.

Maria said...

Sometimes it’s just good to have a break.
Even though you hadn’t been posting you sure have been busy visiting , having a stay in a lux motel , working on the great RR , Zoom meeting and a lovely GTG with your group in the park.

Karen's Korner said...

That looks an upmarket motel room. Lovely family reunion photo. The perfect spot to sit and stitch with your quilt group.

Janice said...

It must be good to finally have your ceiling repaired. You did have a fun birthday. It was good to see you popping into the Zoom time. The puppy quilt will be very cute. And finally, how good to finally visit you MIL.

loulee said...

So good that the ceiling is repaired and you got to see your Mil. Looks like a lovely room to stay in, very luxurious.
Love the cute wee doggo and his lovely red stars.
Stitching in the park sounds nice, great way to celebrate IQD.

Vireya said...

Congratulations on the finished ceiling! The ceiling hole at my work has been fixed too, but we still need replacement carpet.

Belated birthday wishes! Glad you did something special to celebrate.

Linda said...

Lovely to read your blog post. You really have been busy, no wonder you didn’t have the energy to sew. Love the stars border for the SARR quilt. It frames the puppy centre beautifully.

Susan said...

Welcome back Jo -- sometimes you just have to have some downtime.

I love the dog - the stars are very creative.
Good to be able to get out & about isn't it?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I very much enjoyed your catch up. Lots of wonderful things here. Love the stars piece. How nice to get to see the MIL. Hopefully happier and less anxious days ahead.

Chookyblue...... said...

hey jo....nice to see your post........OMG that was funny you joining us during your demo/play with the thermo.....
How wonderful that you could finally see your mum and happy belated birthday....did you have a spa bath also???

kiwikid said...

Must be great to have the ceiling fixed! Wonderful you could finally see your MIL and that motel room looks great!

dq said...

That is a pretty good sized group!

I am thinking about joining two quilt guilds near me for the summer with school out. I may also go to Moab and sew a bit with those ladies as well.