Sunday 27 March 2022

My new Thermo & some prep for retreat

 Don’t get too excited that I have posted twice this month.  I have been having fun with my Thermo. There is so much to learn. I have found some tasty snacks hubby and I like to have each night. So, the weekends I make a batch that will hopefully last the week. 

So tonight I made some for this week.

Parmesan crisps, beer & chilli peanut clusters, coffee martini’s and later in the evening garlic prawn risottos. ( sorry, no photo with that one.)


These are the best snack with a glass of wine. So yummy and tasty. Parmesan crisps.so easy to make.



These are great with a coffee. Chilli & beer peanut clusters.


Oh yummy


All while I have been trying to get ready for retreat. I was told there would be a SAL if we wanted. Of course I would, that’s all the reason for sewing with others.

42 blocks cut at 10” square was needed. Then a 6.5” border will be added. Sew it altogether then cut it up and sew it together again. Oh it sounds like fun…. doesn’t it?

Well here are my cut outs and planning. Who knows what it will end up looking like. I apologise if there are double ups. I do not know where I am going with this. I took loads more photos of layouts. It will end up what ever way it does.





All different layouts. I am so confused.




Where have I got to.


This what I am hoping for.
I can’t remember which one I have decided on but they are cut, stacked, marked and ready for sewing. 
I still have to choose a border.



10 comments:

Mari said...

Ooh, interesting. I like the layout in the third photo down. Rainbow, but a little offset. Try a dark blue border to really make it pop. Have a fun retreat!

loulee said...

That is going to be a great quilt top. Have fun with it.

Linda said...

Haven’t heard of a Thermo but the snacks look tasty. When’s the retreat start? Love the colours you’ve chosen for the SAL. Bet it will be great fun.

Janet O. said...

The Parmesan Crisps sound like I wouldn't be able to stop eating them!
Oh, you are making one of those twister-type quilts. It will be a beauty in those lovely rainbow colors.

Vireya said...

Have a great retreat!
Looking forward to seeing your rainbow SAL results.

kiwikid said...

Your layouts look great Jo, go with what makes you happy. Your Thermo recipes sound good.

Maria said...

That’s going to be a fun quilt.

Janice said...

You are having fun with your Thermo. They look very yummy. Whichever option you choose, your quilt will look great. So very different from ours. That’s the fun of it.

Chookyblue...... said...

That's going to look great....... It's going to be fun seeing everyone's come together...... Can't wait not long now......

Susan said...

and now we know - it turned out fabulously!