Tuesday 22 November 2022

A very old UFO. Sue’s embroidered brown blocks.

 Years ago a lovely friend of mine, Sue, made all these beautiful machine embroidered blocks for me. Well, I have just got around to doing something with them.

I have decided on the sashing I want to do to make a quilt big enough. Maybe a single bed size but it is definitely bigger than a lap quilt.

I have been sewing it together slowly.


Here are all the individual blocks. They are very cute. Sorry that some are blurry.



























Aren’t all the embroideries so cute…

Well, I was away on retreat in November and I worked on them some more.
Look at it now. The top is complete.

Thank you so much Sue. I do love them and think of you all the time.

12 comments:

Mari said...

What a darling quilt! Great setting choice, too.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I love embroidered blocks like those. While I love all quilting projects, this one steals my heart. You chose the perfect colors and design for the blocks. My mom used to do embroidery by hand. I wish I had some of her embroidery to put in quilt form. Alas, she always did hers on dish towels that got used and reused until they were falling apart. They were well loved.
Happy quilting! -Andrea

loulee said...

Those are lovely blocks Jo, such a beautiful gift. I love the way you have finished them too, perfect.

Jenny said...

What gorgeous blocks, must say that I love the piggy. Such a wonderful friend to stitch them for you. You've done a great job putting them all together

jude's page said...

You have chosen a great design to set the blocks together Jo. They are so cute and your finish looks amazing!

Dorian said...

Very nice Jo. A perfect pattern for all those sweet embroideries.

Maria said...

A really fabulous way you have put all the gorgeous blocks of Sue’s together.

Karen's Korner said...

The setting really shows off the beautiful embroidery work.

Janice said...

They are cute and look so much better as a quilt top than tucked away in a box.

Vireya said...

Looks terrific!

kiwikid said...

What wonderful blocks Jo, the sashings and cornerstones look great.

dq said...

What a great tribute to her that you put those lovelies into a quilt top.