Wednesday 16 November 2022

Away on retreat at Lake Cullulleraine.

 I was lucky enough to be away on retreat recently with 25 ladies from our quilt group. We went from Thursday to Sunday and I had a great time.

It was very productive. Unfortunately I didn’t get many photos so they will be posted about when I get some work back.

No. 1…..  Machining on the binding to this panel charity quilt for someone else to hand stitch down. 

No. 2….. Putting on the binding onto this cute baby quilt which will be gifted in March next year.

No. 3….. Assembling all my embroidered blocks, attaching sashings… Done. another post to come.

No. 4 & 5….. Group blocks made and assembled into not 1 but 2 great scrap quilts. These are now with others for quilting. Will do a post with them when the binding is finished.

No. 6….. More embroidered quilt blocks made by my friend Sue. These are sunflowers. I have got them out of the old packed away boxes to get them done. I’m so glad the pattern was with them as I had no idea what I was up to. All the pieces are cut except the navy. They only thing was the navy fabric wasn’t with them. So I have to go searching so I can get it finished.

No. 7….. After lunch on Sunday I just sat and put through a heap of scraps through the go cutter and cut piles of 2” strips. I have another idea for a scrap quilt and this will also include string block. More on this project later.


I have not unpacked any of my things and I have been home for 10 days now.

It was a great time and I even stopped by and joined in Chooky’s zoom for a little while. Not long though. I had to go and eat breakfast otherwise I would miss out.


11 comments:

loulee said...

Looks like a very productive time.
Hope you find the navy blue.

Dorian said...

Sounds like you had a good time Jo, and were productive. I like the way the sunflower quilt is shaping up.

Karen's Korner said...

Lots achieved.

Jenny said...

The embroidered sunflower blocks are so pretty. Is this for you or a donation quilt perhaps?

Vireya said...

Sounds like a great time. It looks like you have a nice big area to sew in, too.

dq said...

How exciting! I enjoyed your virtual tour of the retreat!

Denice Barker said...

That's a big group and a huge work room! It's no wonder everyone got so much done

Janice said...

A great retreat. It was good of you to take us for a walk around all the projects on Zoom.

Karen S said...

What a busy and productive few days.
It is years since I have been to Lake Cullulleraine. I think we camped there but had to leave as it was flooding. Sounds familiar.

kiwikid said...

You has a very productive time, did you find the blue fabric?

jude's page said...

Love the sunflower quilt, hope you can find some blue to finish it. Looks like a very productive retreat.