Monday 4 December 2023

24.11.2023 Yokohama Quilt Show

 Well, the day has come for us to go to the much-anticipated day of the trip to Yokohama Quilt show.

I am up early. I even saw the sun rise. Yes, I can do it.

On the way to the venue







We arrived there nice and early and sorted out tickets out.




We were first in line for the opening ceremony





In we went. Booked in for a $3 brooch class







I loved these miniature quilts









You can see by the lady who made this quilt above her head how small they are. Amazing





The shops had some fun ideas for zip ends




Some beautiful bags


others having a go


a pretty purse



love this bag. I bought the materials for it.


Some of the quilts









The one Maxine wanted to see. Rhonda sewed it and it was Quilted by cousin Jenny from Kilmore


Rhonda, from Kilmore, actually made the quilt was there on the same day as us. She was with Sue, both of whom I knew from when I was in the Kilmore Quilters years ago. It was so good catching up with them.








Time to leave



I'm not sure why or how I have this photo but because it's a Christmas Tree I'll put it in here.


Here is a link to watch the Japanese media clip of the show.









2 comments:

kiwikid said...

Those miniature quilts are stunning Jo, great post thank you.

Denice Barker said...

What a thrill to go see! Those miniature quilts would make me go blind!