Sunday 7 April 2024

My Farmers Wife busy weekend

 Due to all my holidays I had fallen behind in the Farmers Wife blocks I was supposed to have sewn. 

I was 10 behind. I know they are only 6" blocks but they do take time.

Anyways, my quilt group had a sit n sew day yesterday and I knew what I needed to do. Friday I had to clean my sewing room, print out the patterns I needed and choose my fabrics. I achieved this and the car was packed for a great sewing day ahead.

Here they are.

Block 82 took me until lunch break to sew.

off for a little walk to get lunch and back again to the machine. Block 31 was quick

starting on Block 105



Block 91 called Strawberry Basket. I even had fabric that had strawberries on it.


I managed to get 4 blocks stitched and continued on Sunday to finish off the other 6 blocks.

Block 51


Block 102


Block 67


Block 79


Block 96


Block 21


Here they are all together. I choose colours without having my blocks up on the wall. Clearly, I will have to move some blocks around to mix up the reds and similar fabrics.


I am all caught up and ready for next weekend. I am going on a little sewing retreat to meet the other ladies I am sewing along with. 4 days together to get to know each other. There might be 4 or 5 of us. I am really not sure. We are taking the van and camping on one of the ladies house block. Yes, hubby is coming too and we are making a good weekend of it. 
Hopefully we will get a few blocks made and share some tips.

I'll be thinking of all you Scrub Stitchin ladies who will be sewing along too at your retreat.





9 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful blocks Jo, such lovely fabrics and precise piecing. Have a lovely weekend away. xx

Linda in UK said...

Very pretty blocks. They look very small and fiddly to me! Enjoy your weekend away nest weekend - sounds a great idea!

Jenny said...

Being away on holidays certainly interferes with sewing machine time. Your blocks are so pretty in those fabrics. Have fun next weekend.

loulee said...

You made great progress Jo, that is a lot of blocks for just a couple of days. They look good on the wall with their pals.
You're not going to Scrub Stitchin' this year?

Maria said...

So good to have caught up with your blocks. I know it’s not easy even though they’re only small. That’s like my Birthday Laundry Basket blocks. One coming out each week.
Enjoy your retreat and I’m surprised you’re not going to Scrub Stitching.

Susan said...

Gosh, they must be a bit fiddly in 6" size....you are doing a great job. I will remember to never add that to a list of To Dos.
Just what is needed - a retreat when the others are at SS! I should have organsied myself with a "Stay home retreat" in sympathy!

dq said...

They are so pretty. I really love the Gracie fabric. I have a niece named Gracie getting married in a couple of weeks.

Janice said...

That was a mammoth effort, as the blocks are definitely not simple. They are really looking good all together.

Chookyblue...... said...

The blocks are looking great Jo.... Hope the weekend with the girls went great... I'm sure it would have been fun......