Sunday 28 April 2024

CHOOKSHED April Challenge no. 9

 Ok, April is no. 9.

Sunflowers Irish Chain

Dreamworthy Quilts with Deana


I didn’t have any luck with last months challenge so I was determined this month I would achieve something.
I was given these embroidered blocks about 10 years ago. My friend had a new embroidery machine and wanted to have a play. Lucky me. I had the fabric and knew what to make. I made a start then who knows what happened next but for some reason they were packed away.
I pulled them out again to find that I needed to make more 20 patch blocks. Problem was…. There was no navy blue fabric with the rest of the pack. I didn’t have anything that was close, neither did Spotlight.


I had a different blue which wasn’t even close so I needed to 13 more complete blocks. The colours varied too much to keep them in.


Stitching away while on Chooky’s Zoom on Friday night.

I would not have sew if it wasn’t for zoom. Thanks Chooky


Blocks are all ironed and trimmed


Rows being stitched together


Webbing being done.


Now to sort out what to do for the borders


Last border going on.


Wow. It looks good.
I DID IT.



Now to pack away for another time to get it quilted. 
Maybe next years challenge list will be to quilt a quilt each month.




15 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased I got you sewing Friday night.........wow wow wow...........it looks great and worth remaking those blocks..........

Denice Barker said...

It's beautiful!

Maria said...

I think the blue in the new blocks look so much better than the darker ones.
Lovely cheery finish.

Susan Smith said...

Well done, it's lovely. Have a great week, take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

This has turned out beautifully, well done. Theres nothing like a challenge to get us moving, is there!

Janice said...

Deana’s challenge and Chooky’s Zoom has really worked well for you this time. Another project out of the cupboard. It looks great. Next, to get it quilted and bound.

Susan said...

it looks terrific...such a happy quilt

dq said...

Jo, it is stunning. This quilt can live and be loved now instead of be forgotten in a bin.

Karen's Korner said...

A great rescue from the UFO pile.

Lin said...

Great use of your Friday night and doesn't it look amazing! I love it. Blue and yellow is always a favourite and I love sunflowers which remind me of France. xx

cityquilter grace said...

time well spent on zoom i'd say...a lovely top!

Laura said...

Looks cute! Worth rescuing! :)

Narelle said...

Stunning quilt top ... well done!

kiwikid said...

You have made a stunning quilt Jo.

loulee said...

That looks great Jo.