Tuesday 25 November 2014

I have finally got around to taking photos of my MillRosie gift swapping day

Over a week ago I spent the day with some lovely ladies at Mill Rose qullt shop in Ballan. 
They are called the Millrosie group. There were 19 in all. We did have a great day. Lots of gifts were swapped and I was lucky enough to receive some. I was not expecting this at all and I was made to feel very welcome. Everyone there was lovely and I look forward to being part of the group again.
Unfortunately I cannot remember who gave me everything. I do know where some of them came from but I do not want to leave any one out so I choose not to name them. I know you all know who you are and I do love all the gifts. I am so surprised you are all so giving and I give you all a great big HUG and a thankyou. Here are the pics.....
Look at all these goodies... Well I have eaten the lovely cookies. I think my grandsons will get the lollies. There are some beautiful buttons and ribbons I will be sure to use. A sweet needle case that will be put in a project bag, the lovely wood turned pin cushion will be shown off on my coffee table with my work being done. A cute fabric ornament to hang on the tree and of course a pencil to draw some templates or take notes... Some of these were in a cute Bon Bon but of course I had already pulled this apart. Once again, thanks ladies.....

We were to make a gift for the lucky dip swap and in it was to be.....
A Christmas tree decoration, something to wear and a treat.
Here is what I got from the lovely Kim......
A beautiful apron.. A cute snowman decoration to hang on the tree... And a box of Haigs Bear chocolates.
Well they are not in the photo because I have eaten them... Yummmmmm
They all came in this gorgeous quilted bag with a tree tag.. How cute....


Now this is what I am trying to finish...
I have taken Shez's idea and started making XMAS decs to hang on the tree. I am wanting to make quite a few but here is the start. I have them stitched and the front and backs joined. All I need to do now is attach the lovely beads that go around the edge. They are loved by lots of my friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo so glad you had a lovely time we enjoyed having you there with us,love your gifts from Kim and I also love the parcel that you put together,it was wonderful.Oh boy I sure do love your decorations and they will look wonderful when finished Jo.xx

Kate said...

Looks like Christmas got at early start at your house. The stitched ornaments are really cute. The beading around the edge really finishes them off.

marina said...

your decorations look gorgeous!
love your 'steam' blocks too, they are amazing.

Christine M said...

Your ornaments are gorgeous, Jo. They can be quite addicting, can't they!

kiwikid said...

Wow you have been busy stitching Jo, your ornaments are lovely!