Thursday 12 February 2015

Another quilt quilted for a friend and some POPPIES

I have a dear friend who cannot quilt anything larger than a small wall hanging so I help out. She then puts the binding on when I am done.
This is a large quilt and it did take a bit of time for me to do. It is finished.
It is a BASKET WEAVE pattern. A quick and easy design I showed her. 
ANNA did a lovely job in making it. I just hope she likes how I have quilted it.



I made some knitted POPPIES to donate to my local quilt group. Kilmore Quilters.
We are using them for our display. It is such a big thing this year for us here in AUSTRALIA.
Read about it all HERE. They have collected about 9000 already. They were only expecting 5000. They are collecting until March.

They were so quick and easy to do. I wonder if they count as a OPAM.


here is the pattern I used. I got 12 poppies from one 8 ply ball of acrylic yarn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo i am sure Anna will love how you have quilted it,it looks amazing,well done girls and those poppies are very cute xx

Christine M said...

Anna's quilt is lovely. Your poppies are gorgeous too, Jo.

Linda said...

Great poppies. Will have to give this a try.

kiwikid said...

Very nice quilt Jo...poppies look great, I am making some for the Gisborne Cemetry people, they are doing a display up there and getting a new statue apparently. Was told there are 181 WW1 graves there. Must have a look.

Cheryll said...

Great idea for "growing" poppies... xox

Kate said...

Fun quilt! The poppies are fun too.