Monday 13 April 2015

A few quiet nights and weekend

It has been a great relief for me over the past week to have some rest time.
I was starting to get a bit run down and stressed so some me time was nice. I spent the days doing computer / paperwork and by dinner time it was relax time. This is what I did.
I sorted through some of mums yarns and started sorting... I went from this............


To this..... A beautiful chevron crochet blanket....



I am linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching....
http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/slow-sunday-stitching.html

10 comments:

marina said...

your chevron blanket is looking gorgeous.
glad you had some time to recharge and recouperate.

Melody said...

Fabulous use of your mum's wool. You have made something really special.

Linda said...

Goodness, didn't you get a lot of the blanket done! I love the ripple stripe pattern but I have never seen it done in this way, with the black(navy?) thin stripes defining the other coloured ones. Beautiful. So glad you were able to have a bit of crochet therapy.

Anonymous said...

Your blanket looks lovely, good use of lots of bits and pieces of yarn.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the before and after photos! So glad you are taking time to recover with some hand stitching.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo oh I love the chevron blanket ,well done this will be a special one for you xx

kiwikid said...

Very nice chevron blanket...great use of your Mums wool...good to hear you are having some recharging time.

elliek said...

Pretty impressive from one to the other. Glad that you got some time for you.See you tomorrow I hope.

barb's creations said...

Love the idea of using your mum's stash of wool to make a ripple blanket it will be a very special one when finished. Glad to hear you're spending some me time and getting a chance to recharge :) Barb.

Sheryl said...

What a good way to use up these yarns, really pretty blanket.