Thursday 4 June 2015

Quilt as you go workshop and more CRAZY PATCHWORK...


I did my first days workshop at Heathcote last week. The first lesson was to show us how to construct the block. It will make a reversible quilt. I decided to only use my scrap greens on both sides. I'm sure it will still look ok.
We have some homework to do before next months meeting.
Here is what I am up to so far.

I am happy with how they are looking. They still have to be trimmed to 8.5".  I think I might make it the size for an AUSSIE HERO quilt. Then it will be waiting for a home to go to...

Then I went on with my next step in the Crazy Patchwork course. Task # 9 was to create the lovely woven roses. Task # 10 was to add French knots with leaves and gathered roses.
I have added some seed beads as a filler and to add some sparkle.
I love them. I'm so happy....



It is starting to fill up...


JOIN US TOMORROW NIGHT FOR 
mmmmmm what will I be working on.....

Linking up with



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jo,wow I am loving this green quilt the blocks look wonderful and how awesome is your cream block those roses look beautiful,I am loving these colours together xx

Anonymous said...

I love how your crazy patchwork block is coming on, so very pretty and your green quilt is looking great too - you are one talented lady x

Sheila said...

Looks like a fun class and how neat it will be reversible . LOVE your crazy patch block ,those roses are,just gorgeous !

dq said...

Your scrappy green reversible quilt will be gorgeous! I just love scrappy! I have so wanted to make a crazy quilt some day. Talk about a lot of intricate work - that is why I have yet to do one. It is good that you are taking a course to keep you going. It is turning out absolutely lovely!

Kate said...

Gorgeous stitching on that Crazy Patchwork!

Angie in SoCal said...

That Aussie quilt is a great use of scraps. And your Crazy quilt blocks is so gorgeous. What beautiful hand embellishing you have done. I've always admired those you can do ribbon embroidery! Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone so we can see your progress and admire your lovely work.