Wednesday 18 October 2017

A little bit of sweets making and some sewing...


EASY PEPPERMINT SLICE RECIPE
 page4image47084
Ingredients:
1 family block of Dairy Milk Chocolate (I used 2 x 200g blocks)
1 family block of Peppermint Crème filled Chocolate 
(I used 2 x 200g blocks)
1 small block of White chocolate (200g)
1 1⁄4 pack Choc Ripple biscuits
1⁄2 can Condensed Milk
1 oz Butter
What to do.......
Crush the chocolate ripple biscuits.
Melt the butter, condensed milk and peppermint chocolate all together. Mix well with the biscuits.
Spread into a lined slice tray.


Melt the block of milk chocolate and spread it over the biscuit base. Melt the white chocolate and spread over the top in a decorative pattern.
Chill until set. Cut into bite size pieces. 



I am making a quilt for a friends granddaughter.. she really wanted greys, mints & pinks.  I couldn't find any fabrics I liked in those colours. This is what I chose.

So I started to cut. Strips & 6.5" feature squares. 

Then I sewed the strips together.. Now ready for cross cutting...


4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Yum, I love chocolate!! That is going to be a pretty quilt.

Linda said...

Lovely colours you have chosen. I find it difficult when I make commission quilts and I am asked to use certain colours. Often they are not my natural choice and then I find it difficult so find any I like.

kiwikid said...

Lovely fabrics you have chosen there Jo. That slice sounds wonderful.

sanpiseth40 said...

Nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา