Sunday, 22 October 2017

The quilt is coming together

I started cutting out the squares and laying them down when I put this striped fabric next to it. Mmmm..... not what I was hoping for. It really didn't suit . It's not going in. I love the striped fabric but just not for this quilt...

I've cross cut all the strips. Now for the design. The photo I saw and was going to do didn't end it looking ok so this is where I'm at. A trial run on the cutting table. 

All the blocks are laid out ready to sew.. 

 Well the top is together. I have decided not to put any borders on it. I am happy with how it actually looks. It measures 60" square. 

12 comments:

  1. Great layout. Just needs white binding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout makes for a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt layout is lovely. Funny how fabric we think will be just right for a project so often isn't. I make lots of quilts without borders - I think a lot of designs just don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good... The stripe is pretty but yes does not work with this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice use of the sweet fabrics. You are right, the stripe is too angular and would draw the eye to it. Go with just a solid binding. It will be a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made the right decision. Lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks good without the border. It's a lovely arrangement of pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to have a read and leave me a message.
Have a great day